Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Other> Pattern Magic 2 (Like a Jungle )

Reviewed by:divabuddha

About divabuddhastarstar
NC USA
Member since: 5/9/12
Posted on:4/14/13 7:00 PM

arianamaniacs said... (4/11/14 6:28 AM) Reply
Very cool! Im just embarking on my first Pattern Magic so I enjoyed your progress!
becca a said... (4/15/13 7:56 PM) Reply
What a neat idea--it looks like a lot of fun.
divabuddha said... (4/15/13 6:39 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness Claverie...You are so right. 1650 is easy, but the sizing and fit (on me) was a nightmare. I really didn't feel like going back and recutting/sewing so I tried this for fun. Thanks again for all your comments...I really just like to sew, but this was a big accomplishment for me. :)
Claverie said... (4/15/13 5:54 PM) Reply
Wha?!? You went for a *really* tough project w/Pattern Magic and then comment on difficulty with Simplicity 1650?! 1650 was easy ... and yet you managed with great insight to complete the very intimidating 'Jungle'. ?? So glad you did this review, as I'm sure I'll refer to it often when I gain the confidence to give it a go.
prostheticsgirl said... (4/15/13 4:13 PM) Reply
Wow! My mouth was literally hanging open in awe as I read your review and looked at your pics. I think it looks AMAZING and can't wait to see a finished dress on you!
squirrellypoo said... (4/15/13 9:34 AM) Reply
Very cool! This is one of the designs we did on the PM course I took, but I never thought it'd be practical on a front but you made it work! I always envisioned it on a bodice back.
lamstu said... (4/15/13 4:00 AM) Reply
What a fun and interesting project! I hope you will make a 'real' version - truly a completely unique dress. Thanks for sharing your process!
SJ Kurtz said... (4/14/13 11:50 PM) Reply
You are so right about the "make your own adventure" aspect to these books. And love your attitude and your writing! More!
velosewer said... (4/14/13 11:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing your Pattern Magic adventure. It isn't that hard once you try one. I like how you've made your version work for you. The pattern pieces you've drafted are perfect. I had to play with my bamboo bodice as a muslin and them got the real version made. This is a great achievement on your part.
ArtAttack said... (4/14/13 8:18 PM) Reply