Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5891 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:marthamyers

About marthamyersstarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/14/05
Posted on:4/15/13 2:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Other Projects by marthamyers using this Pattern

Mimsy Borogoves said... (10/6/13 11:16 AM) Reply
I know this is late but just decided to make the top and took a moment to look/see if there was a review. Thanks so much. Your review helped so much and the top looks great on you. I love mixing fabrics and patterns that make this easy. Great look, great job, thanks again.
lcdrbetty said... (7/1/13 5:22 PM) Reply
I'm way behind "current", but ready to sew this top. Your version is the color on you. Great review that will help me tremendously.
PattyE said... (4/16/13 11:08 PM) Reply
I've got coordinating linens sitting here to make the same top! I love how yours came out. Thanks for the review.
Dilliander said... (4/16/13 7:22 PM) Reply
Looks great!
Annette1 said... (4/16/13 1:34 PM) Reply
Dang, you keep picking these patterns that I LOVE, the only difference being that they look so much better on you than they would me. However, I am UNDETERRED. I wanted this pattern when it first came out, and now that I've seen yours and see that it's not a sloppy look at ALL, I simply MUST have it to CRAM (with wild abandon) into my stash. :o)
lcdrbetty said... (4/16/13 8:45 AM) Reply
Love how this turned out! Great construction tips. So happy to see your beautiful fabric choice...I am anti fashion, I suppose, as I get so tired of BLACK!
Rebecca D said... (4/16/13 6:57 AM) Reply
Thank you for the positive review. I'd been kind of discouraged by the other reviews, but you've perked me right up again about this pattern. I love the purple fabric and the contrast, wonderful work.
grey ann said... (4/16/13 5:40 AM) Reply
Love, love, love your version of this. Looks great on you, but I'm wondering if that extra fabric at the bottom might not accentuate my thicker lower half???
Sue Parrott said... (4/15/13 10:14 PM) Reply
Wow, this is cute!
Renata said... (4/15/13 9:36 PM) Reply
I like your fabric choice and use of contrast in the collar. I love everything about it.
mm said... (4/15/13 7:48 PM) Reply
It looks wonderful. I love the peplum. Thanks for the tip about facing the collar. I would also want to wear it open. Great fabric too. I am on a purple patch at the moment.
kkkkaty said... (4/15/13 5:20 PM) Reply
rivergum said... (4/15/13 3:52 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous top! Love the contrast on the inside collar.
BillieJean said... (4/15/13 3:19 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful. I have this pattern, now I'm really anxious to make it.

Lutterloh 2005-14