Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3041 (Misses Pants and Shirt)

Reviewed by:SouthernStitch

About SouthernStitchstarstarstar
United States
Posted on:11/21/05 7:21 AM
Last Updated:3/10/05 12:28 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Mufffet said... (7/30/09 7:36 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern today! Thanks for the review. I like the shirt a lot and think I will try both pieces. :)
Debbie Cook said... (3/14/05 0:38 AM) Reply
Mary, your pants look great! Wonderful fit. BTW, the pattern is still in the KS catalog. :-)
Sherril Miller said... (3/12/05 7:39 PM) Reply
Mary, you look great in those pants. The fit came out perfect. I make almost the same exact alterations for pants. I remember making that pattern and not liking how wide the leg width was, but that was when I was in my tapered pants phase. Now, I like the wider legs.
tigger said... (3/10/05 11:58 PM) Reply
Yes - fantastic fit and great review - thanks!
Diana M said... (3/10/05 5:18 PM) Reply
Mary, it looks to me like your slimming down! If so, congrats; if not, what a wonderful pants pattern that can take pounds off. Nice review; thank you.
SouthernStitch said... (3/10/05 12:26 PM) Reply
Wood Turtle, the tracing from XL to M was done by blending from the side seam to the crotch extensions. The crotch depth being a small comes in at the very top of the waistband going across. The Small line is much lower than the other sizes. I used the small line at the very top of the waistband, and then extended that line out to the XL line at the side. I'll correct this explanation in the review, it is confusing.
AnneM said... (3/10/05 8:17 AM) Reply
Congratulations! Nice pants.
wood turtle said... (3/9/05 9:01 PM) Reply
I was wondering how you did the tracing for different sizes. Do you move the pattern around following grainline, or do you just blend from one size to another. I was wondering how you went from XL at the waist to S at the crotch length.
CarolynGM said... (3/9/05 8:12 PM) Reply
Glad you're back Mary. The fit looks great on these pants.
Hilary said... (3/9/05 7:51 PM) Reply
Very nice! I have this too, I should try it out:oP
MaryBeth said... (3/9/05 3:37 PM) Reply
Hi Mary, glad to see you sewing and online again. The pants look grat, thanks for reminding me of this pattern and for your sizing choices :).
ChrisK said... (3/9/05 3:10 PM) Reply
Fantastic fit, you must be very pleased with your efforts. Thanks for the review

Bluegingerdoll The Winifred Dress Paper Pattern