Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2192 (Misses' Sportswear. Cynthia Rowley Collection)

Review submitted in Pattern Stash Contest Contest
Reviewed by:beanchor

About beanchor
Member since: 10/7/10
Posted on:4/16/13 5:51 PM

See other patterns in this category: Activewear
maxermoo said... (8/5/13 6:11 PM) Reply
Those ARE cute on you. I made the same pair but I made them a size bigger than I usually wear and used knit so I could totally eliminate both the zipper and the tie (haven't posted a review yet). I cut the front and overlays as one piece each and used foldover elastic on the waist so I can just pull them on. Mine are cute on, too, but I have the same problem--the panels split up to my waist when I sit down. I think I'm going to stitch the sides together under the overlay so they'll at least stay somewhat closed. I agree with you on passing if you don't love them. They're cute finished, but VERY fussy to wear.
beanchor said... (4/22/13 1:54 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I may give them another try :)
MrsCharisma said... (4/17/13 9:58 AM) Reply
I clicked on your photo with a "OMG, those are cute on her!" thought...because I made the top but wouldn't dream of making the shorts! I like them on you! :)
Amanda.Claire said... (4/17/13 7:59 AM) Reply
When I hit on your pic, I thought, "these are so freaking cute." I am sorry they did not work for you. I can understand the sitting down factor. That would be annoying.
Quickie said... (4/17/13 5:28 AM) Reply
As you stand upright it looks OK and even cute and interesting. Still I ca imagine that it's not comfortable when you always have to think if it's still ok when you sit. But is n't it possible to do something to the sides?
Re Becca said... (4/16/13 11:06 PM) Reply
Those are really cute! I can't imagine a more stylish and creative pair of shorts. Very well made, good job!

Paradiso Designs Carry-All Shoulder Bag Pattern