Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 2401 (Fitted sheath)

Reviewed by:Jstarr4250

About Jstarr4250starstarstarstar
SC United States
Member since: 4/11/12
Posted on:4/17/13 3:11 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Vesta Patterns

mitaliK said... (5/7/13 7:51 PM) Reply
Fabulous fabric.This is one of my favorite patterns...such a wardrobe builder. Loved your creation.
SewWil said... (5/6/13 10:36 PM) Reply
How did I miss this one?!!! Another great dress from you. Another pattern I must have. Congratulations on your one year anniversary. You do beautiful work.
cleverkitty said... (4/22/13 1:30 PM) Reply
I missed this one, it is gorgeous!!!! Nice story I remember when you started PR Happy Anniversary I have always looked forward to your reviews :)
HRigg said... (4/21/13 1:05 PM) Reply
Love the fabric. Great for a classy sheath dress.
CynthiaSue said... (4/18/13 11:58 PM) Reply
wimmie said... (4/18/13 7:53 PM) Reply
beautiful dress and very inspiring story.
NJcowgirl said... (4/18/13 12:32 PM) Reply
Beautifully done. The dress looks wonderful. Happy anniversary.
Fran G said... (4/18/13 8:09 AM) Reply
A charming review..I enjoyed your description of how you returned to sewing! Your dress is lovely and one can not have a better "mentor/model" than Goodbye Valentino!
Danvillegirl said... (4/18/13 5:30 AM) Reply
Great looking dress; nice idea to use the piping. Pretty fabric.
ChristmasHills said... (4/18/13 3:54 AM) Reply
A very happy pairing of fabric and pattern.
BeaJay said... (4/18/13 1:39 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. And a very interesting story. You certainly don't need to buy clothes with skills like yours. Love the fabric and the piping is very nice indeed. I am using the same pattern in search of a TNT pattern for dresses.
koffeegypsy said... (4/18/13 0:47 AM) Reply
Absolutely love the large eyelet material! Looks great!
SavageCoco said... (4/18/13 0:17 AM) Reply
Ditto what everyone else has said! And I dig your poolside photo shoot, lucky you!
sewtofit said... (4/18/13 0:04 AM) Reply
It's always great to hear the excitement ring through typed words. Congratulations on your sewversary. Welcome back!
Betty Stitchup said... (4/17/13 11:54 PM) Reply
Stunning dress and what gorgeous fabric!
MrsCharisma said... (4/17/13 10:51 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!
GoodbyeValntino said... (4/17/13 9:01 PM) Reply
Happy Anniversay, Julie! I was unaware of the motivation to begin sewing again and am flattered to know my experience directly influenced you. You sew beautifully and have much to celebrate on your return to sewing! You've created another beautiful garment. Many thanks fore the great review :)
slmstyle said... (4/17/13 5:59 PM) Reply
Great little sheath dress! Happy anniversary as well! We are all glad you are part of th PR community and appreciate your skills and style :)
mnitts said... (4/17/13 5:20 PM) Reply
Happy anniversary! What a great year of sewing you have had and your dress is beautiful. Love the piping.
Sallys Sewing Journal said... (4/17/13 5:18 PM) Reply
This is a great dress! I have this pattern in my stash and will be pulling it out to sew because of your review.
ArtAttack said... (4/17/13 4:19 PM) Reply
Wow! This is quite a story! Thanks for sharing your anniversary celebration. Isn't this the best pattern? SO timeless. Your dress is adorable and cute, cute fabric. Who knew that would be the tie that binds!! Love it.
Barbara V said... (4/17/13 4:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress and lovely fabric! How wonderful that your creative fashion sewing self resurfaced and best of all you are sharing it with all of us!
prostheticsgirl said... (4/17/13 4:02 PM) Reply
I LOVE how your year came full circle! The original skirt is nice but your dress is great! I love the piped detail, it really elevates the construction of a simple sheath. Looks wonderful and elegant on you. I always enjoy your reviews so I'm grateful to the skirt that started it all :D
Heatherrique said... (4/17/13 3:51 PM) Reply
Charming and chic!
Jupiter, FL said... (4/17/13 3:23 PM) Reply
The dress looks absolutely fabulous on you! The piping on the neck/arm edges is a very nice touch. I had to Google custom skirt party - I'd never heard of that before. Welcome back to sewing! I have been trying to squeeze in some creative sewing time with a stupid crazy work life, too. Your fabulous result is an inspiration!

by: Mahogany S...