Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1262 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:4/18/13 5:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
JillyBe said... (5/21/13 4:58 PM) Reply
You've been prolific (and I've been behind in reading!) Another beautiful piece from you!
Tina Rathbone said... (5/16/13 3:07 AM) Reply
Just bought this, and love your rendition. Great fabric and it looks so nice on you! Well done.
lamstu said... (4/26/13 3:47 AM) Reply
You've made a real gem from this lovely fabric. I love the positive/negative aspects of the two sides. It is so much MORE than the envelope hints at!
sfshaza said... (4/21/13 8:13 PM) Reply
A beautiful jacket, Barbara! I love the beautiful details and the double faced fabric. The entire outfit is perfection!
JETrinity said... (4/20/13 12:06 PM) Reply
Love the look of your jacket. It should be on the envelope.
cmarie12 said... (4/19/13 7:37 PM) Reply
This beautiful and I love your attention to detail!
prttynpnk said... (4/19/13 1:26 PM) Reply
I love this so much!!
wendyrb said... (4/19/13 11:37 AM) Reply
Totally nifty! T'ain't easy to have everything just land there looking perfect and perfect on you.
betty bushwacker said... (4/19/13 10:11 AM) Reply
I really like your pocket details. As usual for you, it's fabulous.
Ellenatlga said... (4/19/13 6:43 AM) Reply
beautiful! I have to go and get this pattern now, and i had previously overlooked it. Truly lovely in linen.
cmcarr said... (4/19/13 1:21 AM) Reply
Wow, this is beautiful. You always pick such beautiful fabric and you have such a flair for wearing clothes. I was going to ask about your friend Ann but I see that she posted. I miss seeing all her creations. You both have so much style.
cmcarr said... (4/19/13 1:18 AM) Reply
Renata said... (4/19/13 1:14 AM) Reply
Everything has been said. Totally gorgeous.
Ann Smith said... (4/19/13 0:46 AM) Reply
This is delightful. All the special details really make this jacket. Looks great on you.
velosewer said... (4/18/13 11:58 PM) Reply
Truly gorgeous. The fabric, your work and the style. It's so feminine looking. Love the cabinet behind you too.
PattyE said... (4/18/13 11:22 PM) Reply
It's exquisite!
SewWil said... (4/18/13 10:11 PM) Reply
Wow! This turned out fabulous.
Barbara V said... (4/18/13 10:08 PM) Reply
Thank you for the lovely comments! ArtAttack, I will wear this outfit to the pre-fashion show vendor sale, but will not be modeling it. Hopefully next week, I can review the other outfit that I plan to model. The review is this Saturday! marthamyers, I'm sorry to say that I just can't remember what pattern I used for the pants. They hung unfinished for a long time and I just got them out and finished them yesterday. I should have reviewed them long ago. They are a straight legged cropped gathered waist with pockets. I sewed in the 1 inch tuck at the bottom and added buttons for design detail. The shoes? They are Aravon by New Balance and advertised as "engineered for comfort". Every strap is velcro adjustable - and they are comfortable too! Jstarr, thank you for noticing my sewing machine collection. The little taupe machine is the one I got for my 8th birthday.
Elke said... (4/18/13 10:05 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and fabric...very pretty on you!
CynthiaSue said... (4/18/13 10:03 PM) Reply
So elegant.
sew2little said... (4/18/13 10:00 PM) Reply
Another fabulous Barbara V. creation!
Jstarr4250 said... (4/18/13 9:41 PM) Reply
Just beautiful. I've never seen double sided linen before and this one is gorgeous. I always love looking at your sewing machines on top of your hutch!
Christas said... (4/18/13 9:00 PM) Reply
Well, Barbara, it's all your fault! I am going to HAVE TO buy this pattern! My, I never knew how very lovely it could be until I saw your wonderful version. I love it!!! You look beautiful wearing it, too!
marthamyers said... (4/18/13 8:51 PM) Reply
Well, that turned out so cute! I love your choice of pocket design - definitely not a cop-out. I would love to know about your pants and shoes too!
FreyaStark said... (4/18/13 8:48 PM) Reply
A chic and distinctive garment, and just right for spring.
jlg said... (4/18/13 8:40 PM) Reply
I love this.
ssssdeb said... (4/18/13 8:10 PM) Reply
I also like yours much better than the pattern example. I like your fabric choices. The short version looks very nice on you even if it wasn't your first choice. Nice choices and sewing!
ArtAttack said... (4/18/13 7:45 PM) Reply
Well, the thumbnail was only a glimpse of what was to come, this is FAB! Love the fabric combo. Did you wear this in the style show?
evdH said... (4/18/13 7:32 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
Skye said... (4/18/13 7:22 PM) Reply
great looking jacket
mm said... (4/18/13 6:42 PM) Reply
This looks lovely and so much better than the picture on the envelope.

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2011-140