Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1201 (Basic Top)

Reviewed by:dvazz

About dvazzstar
MO USA
Member since: 8/15/03
Posted on:3/11/05 10:14 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

LBJ said... (3/16/05 11:26 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your review. I have this pattern but avoided it cuz I thought it'd be too big in the shoulders. It's actually exactly what I'm looking for now. Thanks!
licarritc said... (3/14/05 8:16 AM) Reply
Really nice top, Very flattering (not somethingyou can usually say about cap sleeves) Is this the start of a SWAP?
Mini said... (3/13/05 0:06 AM) Reply
Nice job, and it is helpful to see some real arms:). I have noticed that Kwik Sew seems to have the more width in the upper chest compared to most other patterns I have used. The Textile Studio tops, as Dr. Sue says, are cut narrower. I wish they had a better cover picture. The pattern cover shows a model in a top that looks several sizes too big: the shoulders actually do not drop as much, and the hemline does not sag down at the sides if the pattern is made according to the size chart. Your picture is more useful in showing how it really fits.
beezy said... (3/12/05 10:27 AM) Reply
Your top looks wonderful! I like the fit it is very flattering on you. This was a very timely review for me because I have been looking for a basic tshirt pattern and I also have narrow shoulders and this top sounds like it fits the bill. You did a great job!!!
drsue said... (3/12/05 9:58 AM) Reply
Loes Hines and Textile Studio tend to run small through the arms and shoulders in my experience (that's good for me). Nice job on this top. It's a good basic to have handy.
marjenann said... (3/12/05 8:45 AM) Reply
Very flattering top!!! Great for any wardrobe!
AnneM said... (3/12/05 7:57 AM) Reply
Glad you were able to get it to work. Thanks for the sizing comparison, as well as the picture with arms. :)
tigger said... (3/12/05 3:00 AM) Reply
I think it looks great - and I know how it is to have a project turn into a saga and just be glad when it's over! :) Looks great!

No Pattern Used no pattern number