Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3098 (Misses' skirts)

Reviewed by:superfurry

Last Updated:4/7/10 3:33 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts
dove29 said... (6/19/08 10:42 PM) Reply
Your skirt turned out really nice! I like this pattern. I made it once out of denim that I think was too heavy. I had trouble with the lapped zipper too - perhaps because of the heavy fabric. I ripped it out twice then gave up and did a centered zipper. I'm going to try it again in a different fabric, which might work better.
Chris Kelly said... (2/10/06 7:51 AM) Reply
I love the trim. Great job! Thanks for the review.
Lori V said... (2/9/06 9:56 AM) Reply
Very prett skirt, love the ruffle trim.
casken said... (3/14/05 8:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! Thank you for your great review. Also, thank you for posting your blogsite on your profile. I have been searching for a sewing blogger. If you would like, you can check out mine, www.dayhome.ca/blog/ I don't always write about my sewing though. When I do, I always include pictures. Again, Thank you!!!
SewingSusan said... (3/14/05 6:49 AM) Reply
One of my favorite skirt patterns. I LOVE your addition of the gathered organza ribbon. Great job.
PixieCat said... (3/14/05 4:26 AM) Reply
This skirt looks so nice on you. I don't think the trim is overkill at all. It looks very nice.
Hilary said... (3/13/05 5:26 PM) Reply
Excellent review! I really like your skirt, it's so cute! It looks good on you. I like the organza ruffle and the ribbon trim above. Thanks for the review!
superfurry said... (3/13/05 5:24 PM) Reply
thanks for all the encouraging comments and a big *wave* to the uk pr-ers.
tigger said... (3/13/05 1:44 PM) Reply
Great review and the skirt turned out great too! Good to see someone else here on my timeline! :)
Gigi Louis said... (3/13/05 1:26 PM) Reply
Very cute! Your skirt might stand out more due because of the trim but I think it's very pretty on you! I like the way you added one row of plain ribbon above the ruffles. That's so unexpected and really adds a lot to the design.
Leslie in Austin said... (3/13/05 12:55 PM) Reply
Good call on the trim and very nice work on the zipper. It looks really great! Can't wait to see more reviews from you.
jlg said... (3/13/05 12:18 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt. I love the ruffle and trim details.
ChrisK said... (3/13/05 11:56 AM) Reply
Oh, that is a pretty skirt and looks very good on you. The zip application is very neat, and I love the trim you have used. I think the colour is nice and in the summer will look super when your legs are tanned. Its great to welcome another active UK member!
Peggy L said... (3/13/05 11:20 AM) Reply
This looks great - love your details! You did a great job on your review, also. It's hard to believe this is one of your first projects.
Patti B said... (3/13/05 10:56 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt -- love your details! I think that KS sizing runs a bit large (usually). Their directions are normally so good that I'm surprised that the zipper directions weren't clear. Your zipper looks perfect.
redhead said... (3/13/05 9:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I really appreciate getting a beginner's perspective on this, because I just recommended this pattern last week to a friend who has never sewn a garment but refuses to start with an elastic-waist skirt like the rest of us did. This pattern meets all of her style criteria, but it also sounds like we can do this.
BjP said... (3/13/05 9:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for your very well-written and helpful 1st review! Cute skirt and sounds like you learned a lot throughout your project.

by: flyingwind...