Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1324 (Misses' Blouse and skirt)

Reviewed by:miausiau

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
Available for sale on PR: $32.00 (See envelope) Click to Buy
Current Tags What is a Tag:
Fabric:Matte Jersey  [See other projects in this fabric]
There is a lot to like for me about this one...raglan sleeves, fitted waist, no zipper, nice long sleeves. I gave it a go in a 14, my usual size using a discount matte poly knit that drapes and sews nicely but is a horrid mid toned brown. This was a test garment.

Tracing the pattern provided me with chance to decipher the pleating marks. What a confusion of crossing lines...far worse than any Burda Magazine... 8 sizes all vying for the same pattern space!

I removed the back pleat before cutting as I was sure I would not need the extra room with a stretch fabric. This was a confusing moment trying to locate the CB, with a pleat and Xtra wide seam allowance. Perhaps this extra fabric is to add weight to balance the draping in the front but in the end I am glad I eliminated it. The extra ease would have allowed this top to have "cheap suit syndrome" to an unwearable extent.

At times It was hard to figure out what pleats were outies or innies or sideways or center set. I made an error on the front pleats which are OUTies. This doesn't affect the size, just the drape a little. The illustrations aren't super clear.

The giant fold at the cuff is confusing...at one point I couldn't tell which opening was the pleat and which was the sleeve opening.

Check the cuff diameter. It needs to be big enough to squeeze your hand through but small enough not to fall over your hand to support the billow in the sleeve. Also the cuff may make the sleeve very long for you.

Strangely the torso was not long at all. I am 5'10" and I would need to add a couple inches yet the sleeves were almost too long and I have Long arms.

This is not terribly difficult if you've made similar things. The end result is a blouse that has a tendency to crawl around. I doubt I'll proceed further with nicer fabric. I am too active to be readjusting constantly. It has some nice elements, but I'll keep looking.

I saw the actual RTW at Saks off 5th. It's been in the store for over a year...it looks great until you move around.
Available for sale on PR: $32.00 (See envelope)Click to Buy

by: divabuddha

Margo Handbag

Margo Handbag

Buy Now
Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Buy Now