Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4698 (Jacket with Front Variations)

Reviewed by:kateconspiracy

About kateconspiracy
Member since: 10/19/04
Posted on:3/13/05 6:44 PM
Last Updated:3/13/05 6:53 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Emmetropia* said... (4/1/05 4:13 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I bought this pattern based in the reviews on here and the fact that I won't have to do a FBA on it! Hurrah! I really hope this is something Simplicity will be doing more often in the future.
lynndieloo said... (3/24/05 3:47 PM) Reply
Cool Jacket! I'm glad you recommended it, because I was looking for a good jacket pattern.
KarenP said... (3/14/05 2:40 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and your review is very helpful. It's great to know it includes different cup sizes. I've been looking for a pattern to make a velvet jacket and this one looks like a good option.
AnneM said... (3/14/05 8:50 AM) Reply
Not surprising you love your new blazer; it came out great! Great details you added.
jlg said... (3/14/05 5:00 AM) Reply
Very nice jacket. Great details that you added. The pockets particularly look beautifully done.
KiwiWendy said... (3/14/05 0:49 AM) Reply
a great review. I love the design changes you've made to the pattern.
Jackie M said... (3/13/05 8:56 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Was perusing this pattern last night as I plan to make one of the jackets. Love the cuff detail! I recently made my first jacket out of corduroy (Wide-whale), and I agree -- what a pain easing the sleeve was ...
kateconspiracy said... (3/13/05 8:27 PM) Reply
I added a picture of the belt at the back on this page. Thanks for the compliments! As far as the lining, I didn't have a reference or anything, but I think if you read the instructions you'll see what I mean. The jacket is lined in the front and half-way in the back. So the front lining is sewn into the side seam. I just did it by machine instead of by hand. The difference in if you do it by hand, you cover up some of the raw edges. But you also have to spend a lot of time hand sewing, and you can finished the edges other ways. As far as the hem, I just tuck the lining into the garment hem when I sew it, instead of sewing the hem and then handsewing the lining later.
Skye said... (3/13/05 8:24 PM) Reply
really nice blazer like the fabirc too. I dont usually look at Simplicty patterns but if they are giving different cup sizes I might have a peak - would save time doing fba's Thanks for the review
KitnRose said... (3/13/05 7:39 PM) Reply
I love your new blazer too!
eleda said... (3/13/05 7:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. Your jacket is perfect! I have this pattern and your review has prompted me to get fabric for this pattern. Do you have a reference book for how to do the type of lining construction that you used?
Hilary said... (3/13/05 6:55 PM) Reply
Very, *very* cool! I am so glad you reviewed this! I am getting this pattern asap-this is exactly what I was looking for-and it's great to know it has a choice of bust cup too-what huge difference that will make! I love the cuff w/ the buttons, that looks really good. What kind of belt did you add to the back? Thanks again. Great review!

StyleArc Romy Anorak