Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB3: (LuLinda Blouse)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02
Posted on:3/14/05 9:12 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Other Projects by Debbie Cook using this Pattern

tess said... (8/29/08 10:26 AM) Reply

tess said... (8/29/08 10:26 AM) Reply
As a new PMB convert I really appreciated your review, Debbie! I think your blouse is really pretty!
Lorna C. Newman said... (3/15/05 9:08 PM) Reply
This reminds me of a KS pattern with the structured bottom and the gathered upper bodice but much nicer! I may have to dig mine out to see if I can clone yours! Lovely and very flattering, Debbie! You shold teach a course on PMB!
Danvillegirl said... (3/15/05 6:09 PM) Reply
The Wild Ginger PMB3 Queen. Great job and very helpful info regarding the program.
els said... (3/15/05 11:17 AM) Reply
Debbie, your blouse is fabulous on you , perfect style, color and personally made to measure. You are the queen of PMB.
Katharine in BXL said... (3/15/05 6:39 AM) Reply
Debbie... why, I think this is my favorite creation from you yet! The styling, execution, color, fabric choice are flawless. What an awesome blouse!
Rebecca D said... (3/15/05 6:28 AM) Reply
What a lovely blouse, I love the v-neck and collar together, just perfect.
Gail S said... (3/15/05 6:25 AM) Reply
Just beautiful. I love what you did with the embroidery. It really works on this blouse. Nice job!
AnneM said... (3/15/05 4:35 AM) Reply
Design opportunities. And I love your sleeve design w/ the godets. That empire waist would be at my waist,; you fill it out nicely. Great top, you are getting so good at PMB. And fancy with the emroidery. I agree that it is a good color on you.
Schnauzer said... (3/14/05 10:09 PM) Reply
As usual Debbie another beautiful garment.
seKimberlyso said... (3/14/05 8:03 PM) Reply
Great Blouse! Now please stop these reviews of PMB, its not nice to make me covet so. ;)
Sherril Miller said... (3/14/05 6:25 PM) Reply
Debbie I love this blouse. Thanks for giving the instructions. I'm sure that I could figure it out if I weren't so sleepy! I'm planning this blouse for the summer with no sleeves.
BjP said... (3/14/05 4:20 PM) Reply
Great job, Debbie. Thanks for the fabulous review outlining your progression from "idea" to "reality". Love the embroidery - I'd put it on everything if it looked like that!
sewsue said... (3/14/05 3:26 PM) Reply
This is an absolutely beautiful blouse! I love all the details and thanks for explaining everything so clearly. Your sewing and creativity is an inspiration to me, thanks!
Spring said... (3/14/05 1:19 PM) Reply
WOW!!! I love it.
MaryBeth said... (3/14/05 12:50 PM) Reply
Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Please stand and take a bow, you intrepid style warrior. Bravo on the embroidery, the low empire line save, the side slits, the sleeve godets, the adaptations of the previous styles. And the color on you is just "peachy" :)
MickeyFan said... (3/14/05 12:18 PM) Reply
A++! I love your blouse. Great fabric, very pretty color; just embrace the wrinkles. Your embroidery is lovely too.
Hilary said... (3/14/05 11:55 AM) Reply
Debbie, your top looks *great*! Even with the problems you mentioned, I think it looks fabulous on you and is very flattering! Thanks for all the detailed photos- I love the sleeve godet, very clever "fixit". Great review!
Debbie Cook said... (3/14/05 11:53 AM) Reply
Eli, it's an HV design card/disk. I updated the review with a link.
Annika said... (3/14/05 11:31 AM) Reply
I think this is a fantastic blouse! I love the empire seaming, love the embroidery placement. Great job!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/14/05 11:20 AM) Reply
Your clothes always look wonderful. I think the embroidery really makes a statement on this blouse.
Gigi Louis said... (3/14/05 9:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I am always so impressed with your PMB garments.
PVA said... (3/14/05 9:57 AM) Reply
Debbie, you should be declared PMB's poster-girl! I really love everything you've done with "Lulinda"! The godet is truly a master-touch. Thanks for the review -- especially all the pics!
Eli said... (3/14/05 9:37 AM) Reply
I love it, The embroidery is beautiful! Is it a built-in design in your machine, is it on a card or is it downloadable?
Vivienne said... (3/14/05 9:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful - I love the curved empire seaming on the front. It reminds me of the effect of a Victorian waist stay/cincher. I like the way the v-shape is echoed in the fortuitous sleeve godet. You really make me want to buy PMB (and a coverstitch machine, and an embroidery machine....)

by: PattyE