Pattern Reviews> Fit For Art> Eureka! Pants that Fit (Eureka! Pants that Fit)

Viewed 2051 times
Reviewed by:nancy2001

About nancy2001starstarstarstar
Member since: 12/3/05
Posted on:4/29/13 11:08 PM
Last Updated:10/1/13 6:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 36 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

JDpenelope said... (10/3/13 5:40 AM) Reply
Even though I commented before, I must again congratulate you and the terrific fit you got with this pattern. Very inspiring.
sewing for fun said... (10/2/13 7:31 PM) Reply
Spectacular fit! Your pants look wonderful!
TJSEWS said... (10/2/13 12:49 PM) Reply
Bravo to you for making a great fitting pair of pants!
karen n said... (10/2/13 0:45 AM) Reply
I just gave up on my attempt to add elastic to a faced Hollywood waist pair of wool crepe slacks. I couldn't figure it out. Can you share your tips? My internet search is turning up dry. Great looking pants!
Elizabeth made this said... (10/1/13 7:32 PM) Reply
The fit is fantastic!
AnneM said... (8/13/13 5:05 PM) Reply
This pattern caught my eye. I'm surprised yours is still the only review. Let me say, you could make these in hot pink or any other color with no issue; you definitely do not need to wear only black pants! (I have RTW pants with back zippers; definitely not unusual.)
nancy2001 said... (6/3/13 10:17 AM) Reply
The back zipper feels perfectly natural to me. Although most pants have front zippers, that may be primarily because mens pants have front zippers. But womens skirts have their zippers in the back, side or front, and we think nothing of that.
jeannearis said... (6/2/13 10:55 PM) Reply
One question: Does the back zipper seem strange? I don't think I've ever had a pair of pants with a back zipper.
jeannearis said... (6/2/13 10:50 PM) Reply
Very helpful review.
jeannearis said... (6/2/13 10:49 PM) Reply
I don't think I've ever seen pants that fit as well as your black wool crepe pair. Congratulations on sticking with the fitting.
Lenarciak said... (5/21/13 8:01 AM) Reply
Wow! Great pants! I like the colour! I think I will buy this pattern ... I am trying to make good fitting pants for a month now... I thin I have found the perfect tool.
SouthernStitch said... (5/11/13 1:17 AM) Reply
Great review. I tried on a pair of these with Sarah at a conference last year, and she wrote down the changes I'd need to make. I really liked the fit of the flat derriere style. This was a MUCH needed pant pattern in the sewing world. I'm surprised I don't see but your review! Sarah also makes the Tabula Rasa jacket pattern which is awesome and versatile.
portercs said... (5/3/13 8:59 AM) Reply
Your pants look great! Thank you for sharing.
nancy2001 said... (5/2/13 11:36 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your kind and very generous comments. And thank you again to Sarah Veblen without whom I never would have gotten such a good fit.
Levone said... (5/1/13 10:54 PM) Reply
Love all of your pants, especially the blue version. Thanks for the very thorough review!
grey ann said... (4/30/13 6:25 PM) Reply
Your black pants fit amazingly well. I agree, Sarah's fitting book and online classes are terrific.
Mahogany Stylist said... (4/30/13 3:55 PM) Reply
It's such an accomplishment to get that perfect fit. Congratulations! The like the entire outfit. C
wildberrymom said... (4/30/13 10:00 AM) Reply
The pants are beautiful! I'm just finishing Sarah's Pants Fitting class and second the idea that while very worth the effort, it takes a lot of work. The TNT end result is a treasure. Great job!
JDpenelope said... (4/30/13 9:46 AM) Reply
What a timely review for those of us taking Sarah's pants fitting class on PR. And a thorough one, something that has become de riguer from you. It's amazing that you were able to get such a good fit with that fabric. Thanks for letting us know that it didn't happen without a fair amount of work and discipline.
JEF said... (4/30/13 9:17 AM) Reply
So pretty and what an excellent review with all the links. Thanks.
Baja Susana said... (4/30/13 9:04 AM) Reply
The combination of the Silky Sensuede and the gorgeous deep sewn to perfection melded into a lovely, well- fitting pair of pants!
Patti B said... (4/30/13 8:50 AM) Reply
Wonderful review to complement your lovely fitting pants.
MNBarb said... (4/30/13 8:41 AM) Reply
I'm taking Sarah's class right now. I hope my pants look as good as yours. As usual with you Nancy, perfection!
Karine said... (4/30/13 8:41 AM) Reply
Amazing fit. Your hard work has clearly paid off. You could never purchase pants that fit like these do. Congratulations! P.S. I like the blue on you!
cleverkitty said... (4/30/13 8:00 AM) Reply
Perfectly fitted even with the Sensuede I would say you are an expert with all your knowledge. Another Excellent Review.
Sigrid. said... (4/30/13 6:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful fit. I'll be taking Sarah Veblen's class when it comes up later in the year. It's nice to know you had such good results with her methods and this pattern (still debating on using that one or another pants pattern)
Dilliander said... (4/30/13 4:20 AM) Reply
Fabulous pants & a wonderful fit! Thanks for such a helpful and detailed review.
SavageCoco said... (4/30/13 1:50 AM) Reply
Gosh, you do such beautiful work. Love those blue pants.
Athene said... (4/30/13 1:04 AM) Reply
Beautiful fit, and the color suits you so well.
Sharonspils said... (4/30/13 0:43 AM) Reply
Your pants looks fantastic and I appreciate the detailed review.
sew2little said... (4/29/13 11:41 PM) Reply
Congratulations--pants that fit are worth the journey!

BurdaStyle Downloadable #129