Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3286 (Misses Skirts)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:3/14/05 12:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

Danvillegirl said... (3/15/05 6:12 PM) Reply
Very nice looking skirt.
MickeyFan said... (3/15/05 6:22 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone for your comments. Peggy L., the high part of the hemline is just below my knee. The low part is just below mid calf - or so. This skirt definitely doesn't feel frumpy and as AnneM pointed out, although tricky to get on, it is not bulky at the waist.
AnneM said... (3/15/05 4:44 AM) Reply
Pretty skirt; like your fabric choices (despite the static problem). It pays to read the directions on this pattern, it sounds like. Although hard to get on, at least you don't have a lot of bulk at the waistline!
amadoofus said... (3/14/05 6:05 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt! I'm doing a Kwik Sew dress for my daughter--according to the pattern measurements, she should've been a shoe-in for a small. So I made a mock-up of a small and had to use a shoe horn to get it on her! So I made the medium, and now I have to take it in in places, because it's a little too large! Ah well!!
Peggy L said... (3/14/05 4:16 PM) Reply
Really cute skirt! Thanks for the waistline tip. I am on the lookout for a couple of skirts that don't look "frumpy"! How long is this on you??
BjP said... (3/14/05 4:04 PM) Reply
Very lovely skirt and a good review!
tigger said... (3/14/05 3:04 PM) Reply
Love the skirt! I recently made a New Look skirt that had the same 'barely over the hips' limitation that you talk about - like you said - once on it's fine. I've been thinking of trying this skirt since it's new so now I suppose I'll have to add it to my large pile of projects to make!
Hilary said... (3/14/05 2:26 PM) Reply
I love your skirt! It looks beautiful, so summery! I've been wondering how this pattern works up, now I have added it to my wishlist. Thanks for the tip on the hip/waist snugness, and serging for the hem. Great review!
The Renaissance Girl said... (3/14/05 1:44 PM) Reply
Very cool skirt. Trendy, stylish and fun looking!
PegL said... (3/14/05 1:29 PM) Reply
Really sharp looking skirt! Very helpful review too!
Lyn B. said... (3/14/05 1:14 PM) Reply
Nice looking skirt! I've edited this comment as I misinterpreted in regard to the underskirt length in my original.

You Sew Girl 90mm Barrel Purse Pattern