Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1339 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:grays08

About grays08starstarstar
Member since: 9/13/11
Posted on:5/1/13 10:24 AM
Last Updated:5/1/13 10:48 AM

grays08 said... (6/17/14 9:55 AM) Reply
joannh - I'm afraid I can't be much help. I lost this pattern and dress in a tornado late last year so yeah, all notes I wrote down on the pattern and such are gone. Hopefully the pictures I have will help because I remember struggling through that part, good luck though and sorry. : )
joannh said... (6/15/14 6:11 PM) Reply
Hi Amber, I'm working on this dress and have reached the dreaded twisted left shoulder that you report has incorrect pattern instructions. Could you go into some more detail about exactly how you did it correctly? I have read your note and looked at the pictures, but I just can't seem to work it out! Thanks!
Barbara V said... (5/9/13 12:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful design and style on you. Nice work and detailed review. What a flattering fit you achieved!
couturemom said... (5/4/13 8:34 AM) Reply
Great detailed review - thanks for taking the time to share your experience!
SewWil said... (5/1/13 11:45 PM) Reply
Wow! Gorgeous dress! Thanks for the detailed review.
ArtAttack said... (5/1/13 4:21 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress! And excellent review. I was wanting someone to pioneer this pattern and you mapped out all the trouble areas in great detail. I think I will go down a size when I make it! Thanks for the fab review.
Levone said... (5/1/13 3:58 PM) Reply
Beautiful outcome! I have that fabric as well....so nice to see it made 'into something'.
carolynw said... (5/1/13 3:55 PM) Reply
You have a beautiful dress - a real stand out in a lovely way. Great review - thanks
Texahoma said... (5/1/13 2:12 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, and love the avant guard look, but have been scared to start. Thank you for this detailed review, it is very helpful and your finished dress is gorgeous. I now have an idea of what it will take to actually make this dress.
Clareew said... (5/1/13 1:29 PM) Reply
What a fabulous dress, great review.
Erin Sooit said... (5/1/13 11:58 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and a very helpful review. Thanks!
wendlesue said... (5/1/13 10:34 AM) Reply
This is such a dramatic look. Your end result is so impressive. Thanks for taking the time to do a detailed review, your tips are very well organized and helpful!

Understanding Interfacings