Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1314 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:sewingista

About sewingista
Member since: 8/17/10

Best Patterns of 2013
Posted on:5/2/13 2:39 PM

madbadger said... (5/4/13 10:25 AM) Reply
The seam binding was not at all difficult to use...as a matter of fact, I don't think I had seam binding and used hem binding instead...it's used to add stability to where you do rouching. I used a liner on mine, but thought it made the dress to heavy and wouldn't do it again - or if I did, I wouldn't line the entire dress, just to around the waist.
ArtAttack said... (5/3/13 0:52 AM) Reply
Hi...I made this dress twice and neither was lined. I love it. I have some pics on my first review of it that shows the stay tape on the side ruching. It's not as overwhelming as it looks. Good luck and look forward to seeing your review of it. Good for you for asking for help...we love to add dope to any sewist's addiction!
caper81 said... (5/2/13 9:56 PM) Reply
Seam binding is sewn over the rouching (gathers on the side seams) to give them a bit more stability I believe. Its not difficult to use at all. I've sewn this dress twice and am working on my third :) I lined the first two (both were polyester/spandex knit), but the one I'm currently on is quite a stable knit (also poly/knit, just feels "firmer"), so I'm going to try this one unlined. I have two reviews posted with links to my blog and there are plenty of great reviews of this dress here on PR. I hope to see your version soon! :)
mlsg said... (5/2/13 2:44 PM) Reply
Hi! I've made this dress 3 times (1 time lined with no sleeves, 2 times not lined with long sleeves) with good results! Each time, I used a pontederoma knit fabric. Check out my reviews for more tips on making this dress.

by: Jstarr4250