Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> CNT> 2501 (A Little Somethin' Jacket)

Reviewed by:Judy Kski

About Judy Kskistarstar
FL United States
Member since: 10/26/08
Posted on:10/20/13 10:45 PM
Last Updated:10/21/13 10:37 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Alpine Queen said... (4/20/16 2:52 PM) Reply
This really looks cute in your photos. I hope you got used to it and have worn it many times since you made it.
delowe said... (3/31/16 9:41 AM) Reply
To fix the problem with the sleeve cap you want to first measure your sleeve cap length. Measure around your arm under the arms-eye (Your upper arm circumferance) and then from the bottom of that measurement take a measurement from the shoulder bone to the bottom of the first measurement. Mine is 6". On the pattern measure from the seam allowance at the top of the sleeve cap to the bottom of the arms eye. If the measurement is to short add the difference to the top of the sleeve and then taper in to the curves of the sleeve. You could probably google this.
Judy Kski replied...(4/1/16 10:45 AM)
Thanks so much for this information. I appreciate your taking the time to post.
Mari Jo said... (6/1/14 9:29 PM) Reply
I made this jacket with rayon and the biggest issue was the sleeves. They twisted badly. Had extra fabric so cut a slimmer sleeve with a higher cap from a tunic I knew fit well. Sadly, not much improvement. Removed the sleeves, finished the armholes with binding and created a vest. So, at least I saved my fabric. For me, the armholes are wide and deep and the back is narrow. I should have double checked ALL of the measurements. Don't know if I'll try another one or not.
Eunique said... (4/7/14 4:13 AM) Reply
Great comments. I just made this jacket from a cotton batik, and had the exact issues - the sleeve twists, and I hate that shoulder seam. I thought it was just me, or that I had picked the wrong fabric. Thank you for the tips on finishing.
liliv said... (10/27/13 1:49 PM) Reply
I love this on you, it has great fit no matter the issues you had and the fabric is so lovely!
Michele Lommasson said... (10/22/13 12:22 PM) Reply
Your jacket is quite lovely, despite the problems you ran into. It looks like you are at least getting some use from it! Thanks for a thoughtful review.
Deepika said... (10/22/13 11:30 AM) Reply
Judy, thanks for your honest review and I have to say that despite the problems, you made it work! Kudos. The jacket is lovely!
NEMDF said... (10/21/13 1:47 PM) Reply
Sleeve cap depth: Possibly take a horizontal slit in the pattern, (perpendicular to the sleeve length) and spread a bit near the top of the sleeve but deeper than the seam allowance?
RisaJ said... (10/21/13 9:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for your thorough review. The jacket does look pretty on you.

Pattern Work