Pattern Reviews> CNT> 2501 (A Little Somethin' Jacket)

Reviewed by:Judy Kski

Last Updated:10/21/13 10:37 AM

CNT: 2501 by Judy Kski  CNT: 2501 by Judy Kski
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Mari Jo said... (6/1/14 9:29 PM) Reply
I made this jacket with rayon and the biggest issue was the sleeves. They twisted badly. Had extra fabric so cut a slimmer sleeve with a higher cap from a tunic I knew fit well. Sadly, not much improvement. Removed the sleeves, finished the armholes with binding and created a vest. So, at least I saved my fabric. For me, the armholes are wide and deep and the back is narrow. I should have double checked ALL of the measurements. Don't know if I'll try another one or not.
Eunique said... (4/7/14 4:13 AM) Reply
Great comments. I just made this jacket from a cotton batik, and had the exact issues - the sleeve twists, and I hate that shoulder seam. I thought it was just me, or that I had picked the wrong fabric. Thank you for the tips on finishing.
liliv said... (10/27/13 1:49 PM) Reply
I love this on you, it has great fit no matter the issues you had and the fabric is so lovely!
Michele Lommasson said... (10/22/13 12:22 PM) Reply
Your jacket is quite lovely, despite the problems you ran into. It looks like you are at least getting some use from it! Thanks for a thoughtful review.
Deepika said... (10/22/13 11:30 AM) Reply
Judy, thanks for your honest review and I have to say that despite the problems, you made it work! Kudos. The jacket is lovely!
NEMDF said... (10/21/13 1:47 PM) Reply
Sleeve cap depth: Possibly take a horizontal slit in the pattern, (perpendicular to the sleeve length) and spread a bit near the top of the sleeve but deeper than the seam allowance?
RisaJ said... (10/21/13 9:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for your thorough review. The jacket does look pretty on you.

by: DaisyGrubb...