Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Downloadable> 122 05/2011 (Sew Retro Bombshell Dress)

Reviewed by:julliams

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

amynxdx said... (10/2/13 9:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip about the bra. I ended up going to Fredrick's Of Hollywood and getting a great fitting bra and wore that during the muslin fits and with the final garment - it really did help :) Your dress looks gorgeous!
amynxdx said... (8/26/13 9:18 AM) Reply
It looks fantastic. I'm in the middle of my first muslin with this and these cups are going to be the death of me! I did purchase a good strapless bra yesterday - so that has helped. We'll see how it goes!
mnitts said... (5/7/13 12:19 PM) Reply
You look stunning and the dress is beautiful. Happy birthday!
RadarRadiance said... (5/6/13 11:29 AM) Reply
Just beautiful on you!!! You make the dress, very sexy!
KatC83 said... (5/6/13 4:42 AM) Reply
Firstly - stunning dress, and it fits so well. Secondly - I really appreciate the tips about cup size and bra wearing! Thanks for the excellent review, and congratulations on the big birthday!
NJcowgirl said... (5/5/13 10:18 AM) Reply
Jstarr4250 said... (5/5/13 9:38 AM) Reply
Aptly named! Congratulations on a beautiful dress.
wildberrymom said... (5/5/13 1:24 AM) Reply
Wow! What a great LBD for someone with your figure!
julliams said... (5/5/13 0:33 AM) Reply Just be aware - it shows a blurred breast. It's not an issue to me but thought I should warn you.
julliams said... (5/5/13 0:32 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Nancywin, I came across a brilliant method of coming up with a pattern for the cups online. I can't seem to find it but basically you literally make a "cast" of your breast using tape (you kind of tape your breast "up" into place and then layer over and over with masking tape). Once you have made the cast, your draw the lines of the pattern, then remove the tape (yes it is a little uncomfortable) and cut along the lines. You are left with perfectly fitting cup pieces. I tried this method but actually went back to my second muslin as I liked it better. But it might be a way to get more of an idea of which piece needs to be enlarged where. If I find the website, I'll post the link. It's a little graphic but it's in the name of sewing so....
Nancywin said... (5/4/13 11:56 PM) Reply
Congratulations - both on your dress and your birthday bash! I also have taken this class, but have not finished the dress. I got so hung up on fitting those bust cups and don't feel like they will ever work. It got to be winter and I lost the motivation to work on it since it was too cold to wear it. I may have to dig it out and take another look. YOurs looks wonderful!
SewWil said... (5/4/13 11:43 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Excellent fit.
sewnotwork said... (5/4/13 10:06 PM) Reply
Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing.
prostheticsgirl said... (5/4/13 9:13 PM) Reply
Wow, bombshell is right! You and your dress look amazing!!
madbadger said... (5/4/13 4:17 PM) Reply
Excellent review - thanks for adding all the info on sizing, that's where I struggle most. This looks fabulous on you!
caper81 said... (5/4/13 12:09 PM) Reply
That is quite the "bombshell" dress! You look fantastic :)

Petite Plus Patterns Walking Jacket

Petite Plus Patterns Walking Jacket

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

by: cocosloft