Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2007-118 (Trousers)

Reviewed by:miausiau

BurdaStyle Magazine: 01-2007-118 by miausiau
Pattern Photo:

Pattern Info provided by miausiau

Fabric:Stretch Twill  [See other projects in this fabric]
*Here I have the original pant I sewed up a couple years ago and have taken in the side seams a total of about 4 inches. They still fit great and I am happy to have shed a few lbs. I have since learned the fly.*

*and now the original review*

What is a 5'10"er doing in a pair of petite pants? Well someone out there in review land suggested that petites from Burda may be Shorter In the Rise. I have a plethora of Burda issues and would never have given the Petite Pants a second glance. I like my summer trousers to be about 2" below bb, and I feared I'd have the arduous task of cloning some faved H&M linen pants.

I love the extra wide waistband. So much more comfy and for me it smooths extra lumps I've accumulated. The zipper instructions were impossible for me to decipher...I really need pictures and you know Burda. Ottobre just came in the mail and they have a brilliant assembly for a fly. Nonetheless I went with buttons in the end and this made the job do-able in an evening.

My wearable muslin was out of a hanky linen and the 21(42) was snug but showed promise in a stretch woven. The final product was made from a lovely linen stretch twill I purchased from Gorgeous Fabrics. I work in a steamy environment when the weather warms and jeans are too hot.

What a great pair of pants...no darts anywhere (huh?), no pockets and a perfect rise and slightly curved waistband. I added 2 inches to the hem for summer length. I've avoided trousers for too long but my recent trials have panned out well...what a surprise.

Who knew? Talls in petite!
Elona said... (6/18/15 4:16 PM) Reply
Terrific rear view! IMHO, the way the backside looks is the acid test of a pants pattern--and this is just great.
grays08 said... (6/18/15 4:01 PM) Reply
I quite like the style of these pants. It's so refreshing to hear you made the choice to try a petite, being tall (not many people would, heck fewer would even try to sew pants). Love the result, great work!
miausiau said... (5/8/13 11:15 AM) Reply
Here's your pictures 2 years on...
ChristmasHills said... (5/8/13 1:19 AM) Reply
No pictures of lovely tall you in your little petites? Come now that is just not fair!

Lekala Patterns 6131