Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8890 (Men's Jacket, Shorts, and Pants)

Reviewed by:BetsyV

About BetsyVstar
Member since: 7/4/05
Posted on:5/7/13 8:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Mens    Mens - Pants
MirrorQueen said... (9/13/15 7:27 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for your review. I am researching the double welt pocket on this, as it will be my first attempt at a man's suit. Would love to learn more details from you about the double welt pockets. The vogue instructions for this are scary and wonder about the best method.
BetsyV replied...(9/14/15 7:36 PM)
I borrowed Roberto Cabrera's men's tailoring book from the library and used his method for the double welt pocket. Practice several on scraps and you'll get the hang of it!
dbsewer said... (11/23/13 10:39 AM) Reply
How did I miss seeing this review? Great job, Betsy. I'm going to ditch the old Vogue jacket pattern and use this for DH instead.
Darla in PA said... (6/1/13 6:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I just purchased this pattern with my son in mind. Would love to see the extra pictures.
slmstyle said... (5/26/13 5:30 PM) Reply
Looks great, nice job! Thanks for all of the helpful info.
gill1987 said... (5/14/13 4:07 PM) Reply
Am making this for my son in checked tweed. Thanks for info about the lining. I like a felt undercollar. I agree this is a more modern cut, I made it up in a muslin and its an excellent fit! Also plan to use a different welt pocket method. The one suggested is not my favourite
MirrorQueen replied...(9/13/15 7:22 AM)
I am currently embarking on this project and would love to hear about the method you used for your double welt pockets on the lower jacket fronts...........scared about this part!!
frame said... (5/7/13 8:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I really appreciate the information. :)