Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3028 (Sweat Pants)

Viewed 2020 times
Reviewed by:Reedy

About Reedystar
NJ USA
Member since: 1/9/05
Posted on:3/19/05 6:27 PM
Last Updated:3/19/05 7:09 AM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Mens - Jackets    Mens - Shirts

Sweater knit fabrics

AnneM said... (3/20/05 8:34 AM) Reply
Congratulations! Glad you will now be able to stay married. :) I had the same sizing issue w/ a pair of sweat pants from a different KS pattern for my DH; I still have to redo them. You had best draw the line, though - altering goes to the tailor! (Can you tell I don't like altering?)
Reedy said... (3/20/05 6:12 AM) Reply
Thanks for your comments! The pictures are up now. He stuffed his polo shirt into his pants, so please take that into account.
Finishing the pants didnít stop him from nagging for too long because now he wants me to alter some RTW pants for him. He canít seem to understand that altering RTW is totally different from sewing an easy pattern.
I wish DH had the option of buying them. He worked my nerves so much that *I* would have bought them for him. It did force me to finish what I started, though.
Karla Kizer said... (3/19/05 2:36 PM) Reply
Great story with a happy ending. I'm delighted to know that I'm not the only one who tags along after the first wearing, interviewing the recipient about every intimate detail of the wearing experience. " How's the crotch feel, hon?" I'll skip revealing his answer.... I'll look forward to the pictures, Reedy.
Vivienne said... (3/19/05 2:28 PM) Reply
Those darn men should just be happy we even allow them to wear sweatpants at all. I have a fashionista friend who made her SO promise to never wear them again before he could move in with her.... and he did it! I'll be buying this pattern for my DH.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/19/05 1:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for the extremely helpful review and story. Say- are we twins seperated at birth? LOL Dh just asked me to fix his sweatpants and has threatened to buy a cheapo pair at the drugstore. Eep! I am so happy to see that these worked out so well for you!! I am eager to see the photos.
Hilary said... (3/19/05 1:03 PM) Reply
ROFLOL! I loved your review-I have been there too, and it's so great when you finally see the light :o) I know about nagging relatives, too-I'm surrounded by them! The current is "Mama, you done my spidey-man costume??" Ack. I can't wait to see the pics-I bet your DH is thrilled that you sewed something just for him.
Mini said... (3/19/05 8:34 AM) Reply
I enjoyed your story, and yes, we should all learn to read the instructions first! I have this pattern and it is really nice because it is quick, easy, and guys love wearing custom-made sweats.
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (3/19/05 8:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for sharing your story - a reminder of how persistence usually pays off! Look forward to seeing the pants!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS