Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4396 (Fast & Easy Top)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:5/9/13 1:23 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
sfshaza said... (5/14/13 10:34 PM) Reply
What a great top, Annette! I need something like this. It fits you perfectly and, what a bonus, that it is a quick sew!
Margaret said... (5/14/13 2:48 PM) Reply
Very cute and it also looks like it'll be a great wardrobe item!
Catbird said... (5/11/13 2:43 PM) Reply
I love it! I made a similar one several years ago from a BWOF pattern. It's such a great layering piece and this one looks fantastic on you.
cmarie12 said... (5/10/13 10:10 PM) Reply
Nice especially since you got two in a couple of hours!
wildberrymom said... (5/10/13 3:39 PM) Reply
Very cute! I've been pondering this pattern and trying to decide if it's best for me and my figure challenges but Hobby Lobby has McCall's patterns for $.99 right now and they have a similar one so maybe now is the time to purchase the pattern and try it when I make up my mind. Very nice basic!
1SewSweet said... (5/10/13 5:10 AM) Reply
Very, very cute shrug Annette! I love your hair too! As women some of us have to stop being so critical on ourselves! You're too cute!
Karendee said... (5/9/13 8:15 PM) Reply
Annette, this little shrug is just perfect. It has no swooping tails to engulf you and the fitted look is so flattering. This little top would not be cheap in RTW and yours just extends your wardrobe perfectly. Did you double the hem or just turn it up and stitch? Also good call on the sleeve insertion.
gatorgirl4325 said... (5/9/13 2:39 PM) Reply
Hmmm, that top looks to be a perfect length, not too short like most with the ties like that. I always enjoy reading your reviews. :)
Jstarr4250 said... (5/9/13 2:13 PM) Reply
How useful this piece would be. I'll have to try and find the pattern. Looks very good on you.
MamaSewing said... (5/9/13 11:38 AM) Reply
Great little topper!
ArtAttack said... (5/9/13 11:03 AM) Reply
What a cute accent piece...love it paired with the bamboo print in your pic. Great job!
SewWil said... (5/9/13 10:01 AM) Reply
Pretty and functional. Great wardrobe builder. Looks great on you.
Barbara V said... (5/9/13 9:55 AM) Reply
Cocker Spaniel Annette, your shoulders always look just right! Do you really put shoulder pads in all of your clothes? Well, good trick. This is a great layering top that adds interest to many types of garments from casual to dressy. Yours looks super. While I don't own this particular pattern I'm going to look for a similar one in my pattern stash (there must be one in there somewhere!) I really like the idea of sewing a quick item....I'm ready for something like that right now!
marec said... (5/9/13 9:33 AM) Reply
This is a great addition to any wardrobe and I love it on you. Looks like a good fit also. Thank you for all the construction details!
Christas said... (5/9/13 8:12 AM) Reply
So cute, Annette! This pattern really adds a nice completer garment for an outfit. I love how you are wearing it in the picture. It makes a top and jeans have a more "finished" and stylish look. The garment is also so perfect to wear over dresses, too. Excellent review, as always.... and, "cocker spaniel" shoulders my eye! You are sooo funny!
FreyaStark said... (5/9/13 4:45 AM) Reply
Very nice.
Sigrid. said... (5/9/13 1:59 AM) Reply
Nice basic to use over tops (like the lovely top in your picture) or dresses. Don't you love patterns that you can make two of in one evening fromt time to time.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2013-109