Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V8504

Last Updated:5/11/13 10:57 AM

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

PattyE said... (5/11/13 0:35 AM) Reply
Sorry this one didn't work out for you...can you repurpose the fabric as it would be a shame to have used your vintage fabric on something you won't wear.
kkkkaty said... (5/10/13 7:28 PM) Reply
Enjoyed your review, sorry it didn't work out! I'm roughly in the same place, many years of sewing clothes for little kids and other simple things. It's hard to figure out what may look good before it's actually made (and therefore avoid making it if it won't be flattering), but I'm getting better at it.
Nancy K said... (5/10/13 4:42 PM) Reply
If you are going to continue to sew clothes for yourself I suggest that you make a croqui of yourself. I took a photo of myself in a fairly simple pose, copied it and made a traced line drawing which I then recopied. I put it under tracing paper and draw possible patterns on it. It's a good way to figure out if something will look good on you. It's helped me from some pretty unflattering patterns. I also suggest really looking at the line drawing because we are often seduced by how the model looks and we are not the model!
Rosebeee said... (5/10/13 4:33 PM) Reply
Knowing what styles of patterns/clothes look good on me is one of the hardest parts to sewing! For FBA's without guidlines on the pattern, my go-to resource is the book "Fit For Real People".

by: sewdc