Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8886 (Misses' Top, Dress and Pants)

Reviewed by:Karen Carr

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants

Other Projects by Karen Carr using this Pattern

photophotophotophoto
MNBarb said... (5/24/13 6:28 PM) Reply
You are SO close. I think you might want to get back on that pants-fitting horse for another ride. With a little tweak in the crotch length you will have perfection. I just bought this pattern and also would have thought Audrey Hepburn. Glad you wrote this review.
Jstarr4250 said... (5/12/13 8:58 AM) Reply
You're right- they do look worth getting right. Love the checks. This would be a great TNT pattern to own. Pants fitting still scares me, though!
wildberrymom said... (5/12/13 1:08 AM) Reply
I agree--great start on these pants. I have never been a muslin person until the past couple of years--I am often tempted to forge ahead but have usually been glad when I took the time. Your pants look good.
Re Becca said... (5/11/13 10:34 PM) Reply
I think that when you take a tuck in the crotch length, they will be well fitted, even though it isn't the style look that you are looking for. That pattern envelope picture is horrible!
ArtAttack said... (5/11/13 1:17 PM) Reply
You have a REALLY good start on these. I agree with AuntieShel that the crotch is still a bit droopy. I think another bit taken in there will be the trick. I am always amazed at these patterns that appear to have pegged legs and they are huge! This one is on my list to buy today so go ahead and make that top...lol
AuntieShel said... (5/11/13 1:00 PM) Reply
Can see from you pic that pants look slightly too long in crotch; other than that they look great on you and are super cute!!! I love checks! Could you pull them up at the waist and take a slighly deeper seam just at the waist side seams or would that throw the rest of the fit off? It may entail cutting off some fabric at the waist around the whole circumference. I am not experienced in pants fitting so not sure this would work. I have this pattern and thought the pants would be more fitted, like you. They really are adorable, would be a shame to limit them to the garden!