Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6463 (pull-on skirts with flounce)

Reviewed by:tigger

About tiggerstar
AE USA
Member since: 1/8/05
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:3/20/05 3:00 PM
Last Updated:3/20/05 3:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
AnneM said... (3/21/05 7:54 AM) Reply
Nice skirt; it seems like a very flattering style to show off curves nicely. I like this flounce - not over-the-top.
flowermama said... (3/20/05 6:47 PM) Reply
I am still learning my size. I too tend to go bigger. Your skirt is lovely and it's good to know that it feels good on because I have this pattern and I may now be daring enough to try it!
Schnauzer said... (3/20/05 5:24 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt Tigger! Yes choosing the right size can be a little frustrating sometimes but remember,it's easier to take in a garment than it is to add on once it's cut!
MarthaH said... (3/20/05 4:26 PM) Reply
Tigger, That looks really nice. Glad you are gaining confidence and good luck on that jacket you're working on.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/20/05 4:14 PM) Reply
Your skirt is so very pretty! Glad to hear that this New look pattern worked well for you. I have some New Look patterns and need the inspiration. :)
tigger said... (3/20/05 3:22 PM) Reply
Thanks Leslie! :) Compliments mean a lot coming from you since I SO much love your work! The elastic waistband application was pretty easy - they have you finish the entire casing first, leaving just a small opening to insert the elastic. You then feed the elastic through and stitch the ends together, after which you slipstitch the opening closed and stitch through the center back seam and elastic to keep it in place. Since the fabric was so sheer - and since I used a 1/2in elastic instead of a 3/4 elastic - it was pretty easy to keep flat. And yes choosing the right size has been a big challenge with me but I'm starting to gain confidence and I'm measuring myself more and paying attention to ease so I'm becoming a little more daring! Lets hope it works well for the jacket I'm working on at the moment! :)
Leslie in Austin said... (3/20/05 3:14 PM) Reply
Lovely job!! How's the elastic waistband application done? Best I can tell yours looks really smooth and flat. And congrats on picking the right size for you. In the big 4 pattern companies, that's always my biggest challenge.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS