Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2895 (Jean Style Jacket)

Reviewed by:Carlo

About Carlo
Member since: 3/31/03

Posted on:3/20/05 4:42 PM
Last Updated:3/20/05 4:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Katharine in BXL said... (6/29/06 4:42 PM) Reply
Too cute for words! You look great in them. The print for DD is lovely.
Nancy Anne said... (3/23/05 6:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, love the detailing! Thanks for the review!
Soph said... (3/21/05 5:09 PM) Reply
Dear Carlo, Beautiful work! Both jackets look fantastic!! I am in the process of sewing the same jacket (almost finished) I cannot praise Kwik Sew patterns for their step by step illustrated sewing steps!!! This is the first Kwik Sew pattern I'm making, however, there will be many many more. Regards Sophie
KarenP said... (3/21/05 1:11 PM) Reply
Another winner from this pattern! Thanks for showing the two jackets in such different fabrics - it really gives a good idea of the versatility of this pattern.
Tiner W said... (3/21/05 6:39 AM) Reply
Very impressive! I want one too!
tigger said... (3/21/05 0:33 AM) Reply
I love this jacket! Yours looks so great and the topstitching is SO cool! I have got to get this pattern - you're right about them being great for spring. I'm making a jacket out of wool - I might have to try a more casual one with this pattern! Thanks!
Karla Kizer said... (3/20/05 10:25 PM) Reply
You jacket ladies are killin' me. I want to try one of these. DD will start grad school in the Fall, and she said scrubs or jeans outfits are simply not done; she'll need to dress in something more business-like. Maybe one of these jackets in a gabardine or tweed would bridge the gap between her casual stuff and the more professional look she'll have to adopt. I'm glad I've got a few months; that's a LOT of topstitching, but it sure looks great when it's done!
Leslie in Austin said... (3/20/05 6:51 PM) Reply
Your jackets are *fantastic*!! Isn't that the greatest pattern? Your topstitching is spot-on and looks terrific in a contrast color. I'm with you on the collar and cuffs: single needle for those; turning corners with a double needle doesn't work so well.
PVA said... (3/20/05 6:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I'm begining to get that old "I want it" feeling! I love the paisley version -- really a stand-out. Thanks for the review & the info about top stitching with double needle! I'll have to keep that in mind.
CarolynGM said... (3/20/05 5:15 PM) Reply
Both jackets are just lovely. If I had made that paisley one for my DD, I would have a hard time giving it to her (we are almost the same size).
LBJ said... (3/20/05 5:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful jackets! Your daughter is lucky!
MarthaH said... (3/20/05 4:48 PM) Reply
Thanks Carlo for this review...guess I was a little too quick on the draw :) when I requested it on on the other jacket review. Looks great.

by: FreyaStark