Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2013-129 (Pleated Shorts)

Reviewed by:grays08

About grays08starstarstar
Member since: 9/13/11
Posted on:5/13/13 10:32 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Michele Lommasson said... (5/14/13 11:46 AM) Reply
These shorts look wonderful on you. I love the color. I do very much like the style, it's very flattering.
gsp1066 said... (5/13/13 11:37 PM) Reply
> I'm very flat if not concave in my lower back above my rear (but not my rear, how does that work?) Thanks for the review. I was thinking of sewing them up and I have a similar figure. They look so cute on you, I will definitely put them in my queue. An old version of the Vogue Fitting book discussed common fitting issues. I was especially intrigued when it said that flat derrierre, sway back and portruding tummy often occur together. How does that happen? It's Cavalieri's principle. Volume stays the same, whichever way you skew the stack. Look at the figure at the link below. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalieri's_principle Anyway, I have a mild case of hip dysplasia. That is caused by a very wide and tilted pelvis. When viewed from the side, sway back, a low derriere and portruding tummy is present. It's not a personal failing (not doing enough stomach crunches); it's just my skeletal form. It's a good thing I can sew clothes that fit. You and your shorts look great.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/13/13 9:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous shorts!! I am definitely sewing these up this summer.
Elona said... (5/13/13 4:38 PM) Reply
What classic, beautiful shorts!
Clareew said... (5/13/13 2:24 PM) Reply
Great review, I love the look of them - very classy
grays08 said... (5/13/13 1:43 PM) Reply
Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. I definitely appreciate the fit advice, because I will make these again and don't want to over-work these.
liliv said... (5/13/13 12:42 PM) Reply
You acheived a very nice fit and your shorts in this color and fabric are very stylish and dressy. This pattern is very nice I like the pleats and the fullness. Very good review!
persevering said... (5/13/13 11:57 AM) Reply
Thank you very much for your detailed review (especially re: your measurements vs pattern). In addition, I agree with everything already stated by others.
MNBarb said... (5/13/13 11:04 AM) Reply
I know you think the shorts are a bit full but I like the way they look on you. The color is beautiful and they fit well.
ArtAttack said... (5/13/13 10:37 AM) Reply
Super cute! They fit great.
RadarRadiance said... (5/13/13 10:37 AM) Reply
The shorts look fantastic on you, great fit and dressy for shorts.

by: Passion4Se...