Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1696 (Misses' & Miss Petite Amazing Fit Pants)

Reviewed by:redsilvia

About redsilviastar
Member since: 1/20/09
Posted on:5/16/13 2:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
ymfm said... (6/4/13 11:34 AM) Reply
Well done. You've inspired me to try this pattern.
elcsews said... (5/18/13 10:30 PM) Reply
I love the color and the extra touches on the inside. And they fit you so well! So inspiring.
cleverkitty said... (5/18/13 8:48 AM) Reply
Very nice pants, I love Sandra Betzina's fly front method too. The inside was done beautifully without looking homemade. I agree about the fake welt pockets but changed my mind over the years, I never use them as pockets and they are always stitched closed during construction, I end up leaving them closed even on RTW, I figure they mind as well be fake. The belt loops I'm starting to leave off since I'm not tucking as I use too. Excellent review on this pattern thanks for all the great pictures too :)
sewsally said... (5/17/13 11:20 AM) Reply
Did you use the slim, average or curvy fit?
strongnow said... (5/17/13 9:29 AM) Reply
This was an extremely helpful review. Thank you for all of the information on this pattern and on sewing pants in general. I look forward to the day I can sew as well as you.
ArtAttack said... (5/16/13 11:53 PM) Reply
Great review and awesome pants. I have this pattern and wondered about fitting by the finished measurements so I am glad you recommend that. They fit and look great.
quathy said... (5/16/13 7:16 PM) Reply
I love how you finished your hems and waistband with the cute pocket fabric! I'm going to do this on my next pair of pants!! thanks for the very detailed review.
Levone said... (5/16/13 5:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants! Excellent review, very helpful tips and details!
MNBarb said... (5/16/13 5:30 PM) Reply
I wonder if you noticed that the side seam allowances on this pattern are a full inch for fitting purposes. That might be the cause of the EXTRA ease. Your pants are perfect. No need to ever try another pattern when one looks this good. You can now change the details for a variety of looks.
frame said... (5/16/13 5:25 PM) Reply
This is a great review.
MrsCharisma said... (5/16/13 4:13 PM) Reply
I love that color!! I was up last night doing flat pattern measurements on these. Looking forward to my pair soon! :) Nice work!
JudyMac said... (5/16/13 3:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for a helpful review, particularly the "heads up" about ease, length, and fly instructions.

Understanding Knit Fabrics