Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1224 (misses dress)

Reviewed by:madbadger

About madbadgerstar
DE United States
Member since: 12/26/12

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:5/17/13 4:58 PM
Last Updated:5/17/13 5:00 PM
cath1492 said... (6/7/13 7:42 AM) Reply
I wish someone would do a tutorial on that sleeve. I searched all over and found some pictures of the Batwing sleeve, usually on Kimonos. That helped some. I think I'm going to rip one side out and try again. Can't wait to see your new dress!
madbadger said... (6/6/13 7:16 PM) Reply
Cath - it took me a little while to figure out those arm holes as they look really weird. Yes, you do cut into it a little (to the dot0) which allows you to sew into it a little more, if that makes sense - and close the sleeves up a little so your bra doesn't show. I'll take another look - I just finished another version of this dress for vacation but haven't done the review yet.
cath1492 said... (6/1/13 5:27 PM) Reply
Hi.. your dress is lovely! I am also making it, and the underarm is so weird to me. Any tips? It seems that you cut halfway into it! Cathie
caper81 said... (5/28/13 1:50 PM) Reply
I don't know how I missed this in the gallery??! I just decided to browse through your reviews and noticed this very cute dress! I LOVE the print! :D Looks perfect for summer!
mitaliK said... (5/24/13 8:08 AM) Reply
Love the print on the looks perfect for spring/summer...breezy breezy
liliv said... (5/17/13 5:14 PM) Reply
It's really a great dress, perfect for summer....the print is so pretty!