Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2207 (Misses' Steampunk Costume)

Reviewed by:sarah0725

About sarah0725
DE USA
Member since: 4/1/12
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:5/17/13 10:08 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Costumes
Barbie said... (11/5/13 9:35 AM) Reply
I also agree about the hem. I mean, it's a great looking skirt that could get a lot of use, so a "real" hem seems most appropriate. Zig zagging is tacky looking, at least in the eyes of sewers. I went to DisneyWorld's Not So Scary Halloween this year and while I had a great huge feathered hat and makeup, didn't do a full costume. I think we'll be going back next year [family lives 10 miles from the park, so…] and I want a good costume. Steam punk might just do it for me… it's sort of period, but with imaginative touches that don't require particular authenticity. I like the jacket too, so may make it and the bustle.
Rosalaya said... (5/19/13 10:44 AM) Reply
Cool
KathleenS said... (5/19/13 6:54 AM) Reply
Thanks for doing the first review of this pattern. I hope you'll review the other pieces too if you end up making them. I'm looking for a steampunk costume at the moment, but I'm leaning towards 2172. This one I mainly want the clock face accessory!
frame said... (5/18/13 12:04 PM) Reply
Unfortunately your photo is too small to appreciate your outfit. Clicking on the photo takes you to someplace that isn't actually your picture. Don't understand how that works. :/ Edited: I tried again and this time I was taken to a picture of your skirt. :)
svetlana said... (5/18/13 7:12 AM) Reply
I love the whole outfit. I agree with you about the zigzag hem. When I do a costume, my decision on hemmingdepends on where it is going be worn and how often. For costumes that will be seen up close anda long personal or be worn for longer periods get a real hem. Long skirts for high school musical may get a serged hem or a quick stitch witchery.

Merchant & Mills Top 64