Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1203 (Tank Top and Shell)

Reviewed by:petra

About petrastarstar
NH USA
Member since: 6/20/03
Posted on:3/21/05 9:46 PM

sprKathleen said... (6/18/05 12:14 PM) Reply
Be sure to look at the close-up photos of Petra's fantastic embroidery on these. A delight just to look at!! Bravo, Petra!
amadoofus said... (3/23/05 6:27 AM) Reply
Thanks!
petra said... (3/23/05 5:19 AM) Reply
Irna, I find that if I am turning under serged and top stitchin narrow hems on garments like this around armholes, necklines and hems that I can get more control and a neater look if I first fuse it with a narrow very soft fusible web (one of the ones that is paper backed). I press it on to the inside of the serging, peel off the paper gradually and the fold and fuse as I go. Giving it a good steam flat at the end and after top stitching. Works for me anyway!
sue77 said... (3/23/05 0:41 AM) Reply
Wow this looks great!!!!
muffie11 said... (3/22/05 12:09 PM) Reply
Petra, so enjoyed your slide show, very inspiring - I intend to organize my sewing clutter today - also your decorative accents on your garments are really nice - thanks for sharing.
amadoofus said... (3/22/05 8:14 AM) Reply
Very impressive and lovely. Question: Will you please educate me and explain why you used the fusible web to turn under the hem? Thank you!
CarolynGM said... (3/22/05 6:10 AM) Reply
Very pretty top -- love the contrast decorations. Glad you were able to make something from your swing jacket.
Danvillegirl said... (3/22/05 5:37 AM) Reply
You have turned a very blank top into something much more attractive. Good review. Have not made this top in a long time, glad to read your adjustments made. I may pull this pattern out of stash and use up some of my leftover fabrics.

Understanding Interfacings