Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7535 (PANTS)

Reviewed by:arianamaniacs

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Austria
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:6/23/13 4:58 PM
Last Updated:9/15/13 6:09 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants

ChristmasHills said... (10/2/13 4:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for giving Elona the chance to quote such racy poetry! Loved it, and your pants.
Cheryl in Chicago said... (9/22/13 9:33 PM) Reply
i think the wrap looks better in this picture. i like it open
Dale C said... (9/16/13 2:55 PM) Reply
Looks great! I haven't worn sailor style pants ever that I can remember, but I've always thought they look cool. Might be time to make one.
Vivienne said... (9/16/13 10:01 AM) Reply
Love em! Fun colour, too. I made McCalls 6514 view A in navy poly satin. When I showed my husband, his immediate reaction was, "When do I get my 3wishes genie?"
Mimsy Borogoves said... (9/15/13 7:57 PM) Reply
I love them!! I too have this pattern and may just have to give them a shot.
Elona said... (9/15/13 7:08 PM) Reply
"Most men I have known do not prefer these types of pants on women. In fact, my BF says: Oh. More clown pants...So maybe be aware these aren't going to be these great pants to go pick up men with" Men are different from women. Their little biological sensitivities demand an obvious difference between men and women. No joke. My dh is a fairly sensitive and aware man, but he wants to see the feminine figure undisguised. Visible panty line? How terrific! Camel toe? Oh, yeah: definitely not a male! You get my drift. Consider what the poet Robert Herrick said in the 1600s: 'Robert Herrick (15911674) WHENAS in silks my Julia goes Then, then (methinks) how sweetly flows That liquefaction of her clothes. Next, when I cast mine eyes and see That brave vibration each way free; O how that glittering taketh me!"
frame said... (9/15/13 6:15 PM) Reply
Those look great.
Hilary said... (7/5/13 11:33 PM) Reply
I have this pattern in my stash, and I think they are cute on you! I wonder what my hubby would say :D They look very comfortable and I love the button-sailor style front, too!
Re Becca said... (6/24/13 1:38 PM) Reply
Very stylish! How can they not have pockets with all that fabric?
arianamaniacs said... (6/24/13 12:54 PM) Reply
I'm tempted to do these in linen, although I usually have a ban against fabrics that have no stretch and you need to iron. But these are just crying for it :)
MNBarb said... (6/24/13 12:07 PM) Reply
Oh, these would be PERFECT if the fabric really was linen, loose and airy. The shape is so summery and nice. I'm not always attracted to loose-fit pants but these look very high-end and are somehow flattering.
Amanda.Claire said... (6/24/13 9:28 AM) Reply
I looove these pants! I have been looking for something similar.
Nancy Rhodes said... (6/24/13 7:27 AM) Reply
Those look like you just stepped out of the boutique and your credit card melted in the transaction. BF might say clown, but I say not sew! Makes me want to try a pair.

Christine Jonson BaseWear Two - Straight Skirt, Taper Skirt, & Top with Options