Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3378 (Twist Front Tops)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:5/22/13 8:05 PM

Heatherrique said... (5/27/13 12:30 PM) Reply
Christas said... (5/24/13 10:42 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! Your alterations are PERFECT, and you look so nice wearing it!
MamaSewing said... (5/23/13 10:32 AM) Reply
Your top really looks nice. I love the happy fabric!
carolynw said... (5/23/13 10:16 AM) Reply
Lovely top - looks good on you. The fabric is beautiful
marec said... (5/23/13 9:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful work, and a very helpful review. I have not tried a twist top but you have inspired me.
liliv said... (5/23/13 9:47 AM) Reply
You have made so many pretty clothes with wonderful prtints. I like this very much and I love the flower placement.
grays08 said... (5/23/13 9:05 AM) Reply
This is a pretty top and fits well, and I love your changes, because I would be the same way. I agree with you though, there are similar patterns so you end up going with the ones that nail it without so much fuss. I appreciate your review and your insights!
1SewSweet said... (5/23/13 5:49 AM) Reply
I like this one too! But I do understand that sometimes we just are not feeling our own creations...nothing can change that, we need to just move on to the next one!
ChristmasHills said... (5/23/13 1:15 AM) Reply
What gorgeous fabric. You are so lucky in the US to have a plethora of beautiful fabrics to choose from.
Mufffet said... (5/23/13 0:59 AM) Reply
Well done!
Annette1 said... (5/23/13 0:15 AM) Reply
You got that neckline JUST RIGHT. :o) I know what you mean about it being REALLY low. I've made this one a few times, and I even made a sleeveless one to wear under stuff, had it not turned out so LOW. I STILL remember, from two or three YEARS ago, the guy I work with and his wife stopped by unexpectedly, I was wearing that top, and there was just NOTHING I could do about it. I couldn't decide if I should try to hide my ARMS first or my BUST. :o) With THIS little beauty, though, you have no worries. Beautiful! I'm glad you reminded me of the Butterick pattern, too. I had forgotten about that one. :o)
Barbara V said... (5/22/13 11:10 PM) Reply
So very pretty. Simple design yet with much interest and the intriguing fabric completes the wonderful overall impact. Super job!
FreyaStark said... (5/22/13 9:48 PM) Reply
It's a lovely top in spite of your reservations. You have also done well to avoid awkward placement of the flowers ("head lamp effect", I think it's called) with that fabric!!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2009-102

by: Immelu

Marfy 2631

by: Achallengi...

Christine Jonson Cross Your Heart Top & V-Neck Tee

Christine Jonson Cross Your Heart Top & V-Neck Tee

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?