Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> vogue oop1257 (Vogue 1257 Issey Miyake OOP)

Reviewed by:vwgrant

About vwgrantstar
Member since: 10/28/02
Posted on:5/22/13 11:13 PM
Last Updated:5/22/13 11:56 PM

Vesta Patterns

SJ Kurtz said... (12/4/13 12:55 PM) Reply
I have made this jacket, and your longer version really works much better than the pattern. I may have to go back to this and make it again, following your lead. The self-welt construction from this became my go-to process over the years; if I wanted to drive myself insane I would use it for the cording holes....noooooooo. Now if someone would take up the matter of the pants (same materials vs construction issue), we'd have the set!
sfshaza said... (5/25/13 0:45 AM) Reply
I love this duster on you! It's a classic with that great back detail and classic silhouette.
marec said... (5/23/13 10:18 AM) Reply
What a great looking duster-and in a flattering color.
NJcowgirl said... (5/23/13 9:53 AM) Reply
Quite a challenge but well worth it!
vwgrant said... (5/23/13 9:31 AM) Reply
I'll see if I can get some more photos uploaded---I am a digital immigrant when it comes to linking and manipulating files and pattern images. There's a great shot of the back, which won't load for reasons I don't understand. I'll keep working on it and see about other details that might be of interest.
said... (5/23/13 6:13 AM) Reply look really good in this and the color is lovely.
a life in stitches said... (5/23/13 1:49 AM) Reply
Very nicely done. An inspirational interpretation of a wonderful old pattern. Any chance of a view of the line drawing and/or the pattern pieces?