Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5646 (Misses Tunic)

Reviewed by:Sue Parrott

About Sue Parrottstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/26/10
Posted on:5/25/13 10:00 PM
Last Updated:5/27/13 9:53 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
ArtAttack said... (5/27/13 11:08 AM) Reply
That little bit made a huge difference...looks great!
Barbara V said... (5/27/13 11:05 AM) Reply
How cute your top turned out! The color is perfect for spring/summer. It looks great on you. Nice work!
marec said... (5/27/13 10:17 AM) Reply
This is really cute and I am so taken with how it looks in that bright orange/white. Nice work!
Rosalaya said... (5/26/13 5:51 PM) Reply
Lovely top, looks so fresh. I would think that if the bands and the facing are not usually done this way, that them being so big would be a 'design feature' not a 'mistake' perhaps. And I would shape more through the side waists rather than CB as you may hit more swayback problems??
PattyE said... (5/26/13 9:42 AM) Reply
This is one of my fave top patterns. I made view A twice last summer using silk crepe both times. It makes up beautifully in silk. Love the orange.
grays08 said... (5/26/13 9:18 AM) Reply
This is very cute, and I agree, take it in a tad in the back. I can't believe the band instructions on this thing...how crazy! I'm growing increasingly frustrated with Butterick though on that kind of stuff. = ) I love, love, love the orange/white fabric too, don't blame you there!
MNBarb said... (5/26/13 7:34 AM) Reply
I agree. The top has lots of interest and would be nice is a soft linen or rayon. I do love your orange and white fabric.
pdiddly said... (5/26/13 3:45 AM) Reply
really lovely tunic - pretty fabric
Jrhee said... (5/26/13 0:42 AM) Reply
Pretty tunic - I love the print, and stretch cotton sounds wonderful.
ArtAttack said... (5/25/13 10:32 PM) Reply
I love this...especially in the orange and white. Yes, I would nip it in a bit in the waist, you are too cute not to have a little more shape there. Great job!
liliv said... (5/25/13 10:25 PM) Reply
Very nice tunic, you are right it's a pretty design. I like that you made it with the little sleeves, they add a little touch of cuteness!!

Children's Corner 275