Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1333 (Misses' Blouse and Skirt)

Reviewed by:ClaireEmily

Last Updated:5/26/13 6:41 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts

wendyrb said... (5/31/13 1:54 PM) Reply
Your honest review is extremely helpful- thanks. You make so many wonderful things! I too am puzzled by this outcome with your drapey pinstripe-love that. Sandra has a new class on Bias Sewing on Craftsy using this pattern! It was 1/2 off today and I'll get the pattern with it. Maybe cutting is on the bias for a woven will tame the fluff- fabric and disguise mine? Like you, I'm curvy, so we shall see. I like elastic waists if there's not a ton of fullness. I'm willing to shimmy myself in!
Michele Lommasson said... (5/27/13 9:19 AM) Reply
Oh how sad! I think you are right, sfshaza has a very different figure. I know for a fact that elastic waists are often better on slim hipped or straight up and down folk. I, like you, have hips. I find I need to remove some of the fullness in an elastic waist and add a zipper if I want such a waistband to look to look good. However, the tucks are a different matter. I am pretty sure you have convinced me that this pattern is not for me Thanks for writing the review. I'm sorry your skirt was not a success.
FreyaStark said... (5/27/13 8:02 AM) Reply
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. No doubt your review will be helpful to others.
wildberrymom said... (5/27/13 2:53 AM) Reply
We learn from everything if we choose--you have taught us. It is frustrating to spend time and not have something turn out as we had hoped but it will help you make fabric choices, etc. in the future.
DaisyA said... (5/26/13 10:23 PM) Reply
Arghh I feel your anguish! Your comments about this pattern are much appreciated.
ClaireEmily said... (5/26/13 3:39 PM) Reply
Thanks guys! I appreciate your comments. PR people are so nice :)
Claverie said... (5/26/13 8:07 AM) Reply
Your time and effort has been very helpful to the rest of us. I have this pattern and, too, considered a woven. :/ hmmm. As nice as sfshaza's is, I think you're right about the folds in a woven.
MNBarb said... (5/26/13 7:24 AM) Reply
I feel your pain. It's so frustrating to start with an idea that you are sure will be terrific only to be highly disappointed in the end. These funky patterns are tricky. It looks like it's time for you to make a TNT. Thanks for taking the time to write a review on a wadder.
BrendaJoyce said... (5/26/13 4:42 AM) Reply
Informative and helpful review. Thanks.

by: Sew Good