Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3334 (Misses Jackets)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:5/26/13 5:29 PM
Last Updated:5/26/13 7:02 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Sweater knit fabrics

21wale said... (5/30/13 11:10 PM) Reply
I think it's pretty. I especially like the collar and the princess seams.
AuntieShel said... (5/28/13 9:30 PM) Reply
Fabulous!!! Could not believe I read you didn't like this! So next time, you will raise the armscye, lengthen the sleeve and get a nice ponte knit :) Can't wait to see the next one!!
Mushywear said... (5/28/13 1:58 AM) Reply
Great review, and very helpful to know about the armscye issue.
GoodbyeValntino said... (5/27/13 9:01 PM) Reply
Your jacket is very nice! No Ichabod Crane resemblance at all!
Jstarr4250 said... (5/27/13 8:28 PM) Reply
I'm with the rest of the gang. It's really a great jacket. The lapel shapeis so flattering on you. I've completely overlooked this pattern until now, so thanks!
Amanda.Claire said... (5/27/13 6:08 PM) Reply
I love your reviews! I do like this jacket on you. I actually have this pattern too and have not made it. I'll try to remember the armscye info.
Nancywin said... (5/27/13 11:33 AM) Reply
Pretty jacket, Barb. You may want to consider shortening the sleeves to 3/4 length since there is no way to lengthen them.
marec said... (5/27/13 10:21 AM) Reply
Barb, this looks really nice, and would be great paired with a dress. The issues you have pointed out are easily remedied by you in your next version (hint, hint). The shawl collar looks wonderful on you-that is a design feature to visit again. NICE :-)
CSM--Carla said... (5/27/13 8:51 AM) Reply
I agree with the above comment! Try it with a dress or some different tops! So cute on you!
mssewcrazy said... (5/27/13 7:23 AM) Reply
You just need a sheath dress and a pair of pearls with this-beautiful jacket!
liliv said... (5/27/13 5:28 AM) Reply
I love it! Interesting idea to make of denim this feminine and ladylike jacket, it looks unique and sure very stylish!
wildberrymom said... (5/27/13 3:51 AM) Reply
Love the color, design and fit--beautiful jacket!
BeaJay said... (5/27/13 3:08 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks great. Very pretty colour. I just purchased this pattern so thank you for the review.
Renata said... (5/27/13 2:28 AM) Reply
Gorgeous colour and it looks nice on you, despite all the problems you seemed to have with it. Funny how sometimes you can make a garment and not be happy with it, yet everyone else sees it differently.
Michele Lommasson said... (5/27/13 0:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this in my line up. I will definitely be making a muslin after your experience with the armscye. Thanks.
Dilliander said... (5/27/13 0:27 AM) Reply
Barb, it looks great and is a very flattering style! The armscye problem sounds like it is the pattern drafting if JudyMac had the same issue. Hope you make it again with the sleeve length you prefer as the fit is lovely on you.
Annette1 said... (5/27/13 0:08 AM) Reply
Ichabod Crane??? :o))) I DON'T THINK SO! When I saw you in this jacket, I thought, man, this is PERFECT! The fit is RIGHT ON, and it's SO flattering. Maybe the armholes FEEL too low, but they don't look at it all. It's so funny, too, because just a few minutes ago, a friend of mine and I were emailing about this pattern. We both love it. :o)
HeidiBaccal said... (5/26/13 11:33 PM) Reply
Finally something periwinkle! The collar is especially nice.
Sue Parrott said... (5/26/13 11:03 PM) Reply
I think it's cute on you Barb. If you dislike the sleeve length, what about shortening or cuffing them?
Jrhee said... (5/26/13 8:41 PM) Reply
Adorable, flattering, pretty little jacket!
cleverkitty said... (5/26/13 8:23 PM) Reply
My only break from the kitchen today is reading your reviews, good for you sewing up a storm this holiday weekend, come Tuesday I will be ready to turn my spatula in for scissors. I think this little jacket you made would look excellent with a dress. I can't remember if I have this pattern or I need to get it. I really like it. The sleeve length does emphasize your waist, does a celery figure need this? Yes!
Lori V said... (5/26/13 7:33 PM) Reply
This is such a pretty jacket and it looks great on you.
Aixoise said... (5/26/13 7:21 PM) Reply
My, you certainly are prolific! I'm enjoying your reviews. Your comments on this jacket are very helpful: use softer fabric, lengthen sleeves (I'm with you - I like them at least wrist length), adjust armscyes. When I make up this pattern, I'll refer to your review. That said, your jacket looks good on you, and your sewing is impeccable. Thanks for the review!
JudyMac said... (5/26/13 7:17 PM) Reply
I've made this twice--once out of ponte and once out of a woven with no stretch. I agree with your observation about the armscye--couldn't raise my arms in the tweed woven.

Ralph Pink Basic Swimsuit Block