Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS
Misses Sizes (Bust 30" - 44.5")] [Women's sizes (Bust 43" - 55")]">Fit the Tee to a T Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Sandra Narrow Leg Jean (Sandra Narrow Leg Jean)

Review submitted in Natural Fabrics Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:clothingengineer

About clothingengineerstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/7/10
Posted on:5/26/13 10:16 PM
Last Updated:5/26/13 10:18 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Placenta said... (11/29/13 10:23 AM) Reply
They look great, I made these and thought that they were to tight in the calves. Now that I read your reveiw I will try a more relaxed leg maybe with some selvelge denim.
arianamaniacs said... (6/1/13 3:56 PM) Reply
Great job on your pants, they aren't easy to make fit so well as you did!
MNBarb said... (5/31/13 1:16 PM) Reply
I'll just say it. These jeans are very flattering to the backside. I want to be impressed with the fit of StyleArc but see you still had to make lots of fitting changes. I suppose it's inevitable with pants. I never think of narrow leg and non-stretch going together but your jeans show a perfect result.
clothingengineer said... (5/30/13 10:38 AM) Reply
lauraborealis - I looked at the wrinkles and wondered if it was getting hung up because there wasn't enough length to go over my outer thighs, and if that was causing the wrinkles. I then pinched out some fabric from the outside seam to see if it made the wrinkles worse, and when it did I decided the fix was adding extra length via the bowleg adjustment from Fast Fit. I just guessed on the amount - it is something you need to muslin in order to check. My theory is that it works because the saddlebags throw the fabric off grain and this restores it.
lauraborealis said... (5/29/13 5:57 PM) Reply
Very impressive fit - how did you determine that the bowleg adjustment was what you needed? I think I need that, too, for saddlebags.
lilikats said... (5/28/13 1:41 AM) Reply
All your work paid off- the fit is great. Style Arc pants patterns seem a bit easier to 'tweak' than other pants patterns
Levone said... (5/27/13 7:35 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans!
Jessica Dean said... (5/27/13 6:15 PM) Reply
Great pants, love the fit. :)
Barbara V said... (5/27/13 9:57 AM) Reply
These look like a perfect fit on you! Thanks for sharing your fitting adjustments. Great job.
CSM--Carla said... (5/27/13 8:59 AM) Reply
Nice looking jeans! Thanks for showing the pictures for the knee fitting issues. Is that from Fast Fit by Sandra Betzina? Thanks in advance.
MelissaB in WA said... (5/27/13 0:30 AM) Reply
Very nice fit - your jeans look fabulous!!!
Dilliander said... (5/27/13 0:21 AM) Reply
These look great on you!
Jrhee said... (5/26/13 11:35 PM) Reply
Very sporty! The boot cut is my favorite style as well, and I'm with you on the skinny jean.
Immelu said... (5/26/13 11:17 PM) Reply
Those look fantastic!! I'm so tempted to try style arc patterns, but haven't bought any yet!
Barbara3 said... (5/26/13 10:48 PM) Reply
Really nice on you! I'm always impressed with your work.
Re Becca said... (5/26/13 10:29 PM) Reply
you really did a great job on the fit, all your little tweaks paid off! These look fabulous.

by: AmberSage