Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 60565 (By Popular Demand)

Reviewed by:tigger

About tiggerstar
AE USA
Member since: 1/8/05
Posted on:3/25/05 11:28 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
flowerdew said... (10/14/08 2:20 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket. I am planning to make this pattern and this helped a lot.
Patti B said... (3/27/05 7:16 PM) Reply
Tigger, your jacket is great! I love her directions -- they are outstanding! The blouse that is with this pattern is nice too (although I think I made my too large).
Reedy said... (3/27/05 7:14 AM) Reply
Very nice, Tigger! I think I'll have to try a Cutting Line Designs pattern. I could use this, being a 'large bottomed' woman myself! ; )
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (3/26/05 2:45 PM) Reply
Absolutely a wonderful result, you must be so pleased! I'm itching to stitch one myself before it gets too hot here. I love Louise's patterns. if she ever holds a class or a trunk show in your area, run, do not walk to it! She's so fun!
LoriB said... (3/25/05 2:22 PM) Reply
Nice looking jacket! Thanks for pointing out that you used the ease measurements in deciding to go down a size. I will pay attention to that when I make this pattern.
flowermama said... (3/25/05 12:44 PM) Reply
Great job! Thanks for the info about this pattern line for beginners. I might have to try one.
annsew65 said... (3/25/05 12:28 PM) Reply
Tigger, If this is your first Cutting Line Designs pattern and loved it, let me cue you on to more of them! I've made BPD three times and bought some more linen at the Atlanta Expo from Louise to make another! You'll love all her patterns and with each one being a "sewing lesson" in itself, it will really help you learn a lot about sewing. I made my versions a little longer (more to hide)! .....and her version in the upholstery fabric was TDF! As a friend of mine said of me one time when I'd made something from upholstery fabric - she was well upholstered!
Georgene said... (3/25/05 12:08 PM) Reply
Wow, your jacket looks great! I really like it in wool. Congratulations and looking forward to seeing your other versions.
Mandolin82 said... (3/25/05 11:42 AM) Reply
At the Sewing Expo Louise Cutting was wearing a version of this coat cut long (tunic length) in a lovely upholstery fabric. So the length can be changed very nicely!

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2011-108