Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 02-2004-10 (Biboverall)

Reviewed by:Hope K

About Hope Kstar
Member since: 8/31/03

Posted on:3/25/05 10:37 PM

Leslie in Austin said... (3/26/05 12:04 PM) Reply
Wow, Hope. These are so wonderful! Your topstitching is gorgeous and I'm mouth-agape over your freehand embroidery. Very impressive. I love the coordinating fabric you used for the facing and really love that you incorporated that into the embroidered motif. I'll definitely be copying this idea. I'm wearing a pair of KS overalls today (spring cleaning!), so if you have specific questions about how a side placket is done, PM me--I'll try to walk you through it.
Hope K said... (3/26/05 9:06 AM) Reply
Thank you for all the encouraging remarks! I loved making these because I could focus on construction and details without having to worry about fit.
mudcat said... (3/26/05 8:54 AM) Reply
They look great. You did a wonderful job. I thought the buckles looked okay. They probably look cheap to you because the buttons are so nice. :) I think you should greduate yourself to Intermediate from Advanced Beginner!
Hilary said... (3/26/05 7:51 AM) Reply
You have down an outstanding job on these-thanks for all the details and photos-great review. I'm sure the new Mama will be delighted!
Debbie Spriggs said... (3/26/05 5:40 AM) Reply
freehand embroidery? Wow, I was just checking your bio to see what kind of embroidery machine you used! It looks great! All that topstitching looks fabulous, too!
SewVeryTall said... (3/26/05 5:24 AM) Reply
Your topstitching and embroidery are so perfect, plus the hardware really makes them look so cute! What a wonderful gift, I hope the new mom appreciates all your work.
Asa Hagstrom said... (3/26/05 2:32 AM) Reply
Wow, so impressive with all that detail on such a small garment! I love the facing fabric.
Asa Hagstrom said... (3/26/05 2:30 AM) Reply
Wow, so impressive with all that detail on such a small garment! I love the facing fabric, and I can't believe you did that embroidery free-hand - it looks great.
flowermama said... (3/26/05 1:04 AM) Reply
So cute, and what a wonderful job you did! I also believe the facing should cover the bib seam. Also, instead of a label at the inside of the upper back, a small piece of the cotton print that you used for facing would be cute appliqued to the outside upper back. I really like the embroidery!
Marita Kinnula said... (3/25/05 11:55 PM) Reply
Hope, these overalls are awsome, I hope they get used too, great topstiching!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/25/05 11:52 PM) Reply
Wow - this looks fantastic. The mom-to-be will certainly appreciate it.
joan said... (3/25/05 11:38 PM) Reply
Very nice! Like your embroidery too.

Understanding Interfacings