Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7764

Posted on:3/27/05 2:50 AM
Last Updated:3/28/05 9:22 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
echolalia said... (3/31/05 6:03 AM) Reply
Marjenann, I didn't think to mention the belt in my review. I used a brassy look 1" buckle with 'prong' rather than the without 'prong' that the pattern stipulates and used matching eyelets. Otherwise , I cut the belt using the pattern piece and used medium weight fusible interfacing, topstitching as per the pattern instructions. I think that the pattern offers considerable scope for variation - belt, fabric options, button options, easy width and length adjustments. I would like to see this with brass snaps on tan suede with a belt - it would make a great winter layer!
marjenann said... (3/30/05 7:30 AM) Reply
Awesome jacket, the belt makes it particularly professional. Can you tell us how you accomplished this??
valerie sews said... (3/30/05 6:19 AM) Reply
Very smart looking jacket. Your pretty DD does indeed look cool in it. thanks for a informative review.
lmg said... (3/29/05 9:18 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I have this pattern with the fabric just ready to cut out. I was wondering about the waistline as I am only 5'3" and was going to shorten it! Thanks for the tips and great review.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/29/05 7:07 PM) Reply
Great jacket, great review! -Ann
Jill Giard said... (3/29/05 6:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I've got mine more than half finished - sort of hit a wall. You've inspired me to finish mine! Excellent suggestion to cut one size larger for wear as a jacket.
sailonsilvergirl said... (3/29/05 6:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the EXCELLENT Review! I will be sewing this jacket in April in cotton for a spring/summer jacket. It's really really nice to know you can sew all the darts first! Thanks!
SandraB said... (3/29/05 12:38 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket.
shard said... (3/29/05 10:37 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I echo thanks for your 'warning to the short-waisted'. I, too, own a copy of this pattern, and in a seated group am always the shortest person in the room -- I shall take your advice to heart.
Hilary said... (3/29/05 8:19 AM) Reply
What a great review! I loved how you didn't complain about ripping the darts and redid them w/out whining-I have finally come to that conclusion as well-I finish a lot faster when I bite the bullet, don't complain, and just do what needs to be done. I agree with your daughter, the jacket is very cool! I like the "heinous" fabric too, lol. I am adding this to my wishlist.
cindyann said... (3/29/05 7:03 AM) Reply
I love it! Great style.
SuzanM said... (3/29/05 6:31 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. Looks very RTW. Thanks for the review!
echolalia said... (3/29/05 5:34 AM) Reply
No, I haven't lost it to DD - she wants one in pink! Thanks for all your comments. Lauren is gorgeous - but aren't all of today's 15 year old girls; I am constantly amazed at the confidence of this generation, so different to me at 15.
KathleenS said... (3/29/05 4:51 AM) Reply
Looks fantastic, and great review. I agree with the others - it looks like you're losing this to your daughter but that's a compliment really isn't it.
Maychi said... (3/29/05 4:18 AM) Reply
I Love the jacket! It looks fabulous!
tigger said... (3/29/05 3:47 AM) Reply
Love the jacket - it looks so stylish!
Eli said... (3/29/05 2:04 AM) Reply
Great job! I also have this jacket and want to make it but still have not gotton around to it. BTW, I love your daughter's hair!
GaSouBelle said... (3/28/05 11:51 PM) Reply
Great Jacket! Very modern & stylish. Your DD looks like a fasion model wearing it. I would have never considered this pattern...yours looks much better than the pattern photo. Great Job!
kiwi said... (3/28/05 11:35 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket.Great to hear the fabric behaved as I have recently bought some of it myself.
flowermama said... (3/28/05 11:33 PM) Reply
Oh Oh - beautiful jacket but I think you just lost it to your DD - she looks like she loves it too!
Lori V said... (3/28/05 10:33 PM) Reply
I love your jacket and have this pattern sitting out to try. Your dd looks terrific in your jacket and what a compliment for a 15 yo to think it looks cool.
CarolynGM said... (3/28/05 9:56 PM) Reply
So glad you got the picture posted. The "penance" jacket looks wonderful on your adorable DD. Thanks for the warning about the high waistline.
Mel.J said... (3/28/05 6:01 PM) Reply
I'm looking forward to the photo too. Thanks for a very informative review. I really like the style, & am glad it worked for you.
Bonnie K said... (3/27/05 11:41 PM) Reply
I also made this jacket and my recommendation would be to lengthen the below waist porton by 2 inches. I am 5'6" and the proportion just doesn't work for me.
CarolynGM said... (3/27/05 8:51 AM) Reply
Great review. I have this pattern but have procrastinated on trying it as it looks kind of hard. Your reviw makes it sound so easy! I anxiously await the picture.
Leslie in Austin said... (3/27/05 8:29 AM) Reply
I can't wait to see this jacket! Your review has me enticed to try it for myself....

by: BiKe