Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6108 (top, skirt, and scarf)

Reviewed by:1SewSweet

Last Updated:5/30/13 9:36 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Tops    Skirts

Nicole9503 said... (6/7/13 1:11 AM) Reply
I am definitely add this to my summer wardrobe.
liliv said... (6/1/13 5:03 PM) Reply
It's gorgeous! I love that fabric, and I like that you didn't cut the two front pieces symmetrically, it gives the top more interest! It would be stunning as a dress too!
beauturbo said... (5/31/13 6:49 PM) Reply
I really like your top. and without seeing your photo of it, I have been passing it by in just the pattern catalogs. But what I think makes it so neat and just different than a lot of other drawstring neck tops rather like it, is that nice wide smooth flat band in the front of it, and the more regular knit top back with the neck and the arm hole part of it in the pattern, and not any drawstring in the back. The fit is just so much nicer that way.
SavageCoco said... (5/31/13 3:54 PM) Reply
Gosh, you always make such really lovely things. Really!
Levone said... (5/31/13 3:23 PM) Reply
Love this top (the skirt you paired it with as well)! I have this fabric, I bought it quickly after you posted your dress with the greenish/olive version of it. :-)
grays08 said... (5/31/13 11:26 AM) Reply
This is an excellent top, great fabric too. I am totally kicking myself for having not made this yet despite having this great have put me to shame! This top is so great for summer, thanks for the review too.
SewWil said... (5/31/13 10:30 AM) Reply
Super cute top!!!
canei said... (5/31/13 7:46 AM) Reply
Very nice!
o3b said... (5/31/13 1:53 AM) Reply
Oooh, I like it. I want to make it as a workout top. I'm glad you showed the photo of you wearing it on your blog. I was thinking of changing it to a racer-back style for the workout top, but it looks like it does come in a bit already around the arms.
ArtAttack said... (5/31/13 0:57 AM) Reply
Really cute top and I love your fabric! Same numbering issue with Simplicity recently.
Jstarr4250 said... (5/31/13 0:25 AM) Reply
Love it- really cute. I ran into the same issue with New Look patterns having differing numbers for the same pattern. Apparently patterns beginning with zero are packaged specifically for the store display racks and the higher series of numbers are the ones filed in the cabinets. That's what the ladies at Hancock told me anyway!
velosewer said... (5/30/13 10:27 PM) Reply
This is stunning.
Deepika said... (5/30/13 10:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! you are going to get a lot of compliments when you wear this top. I must make this!
norie creates said... (5/30/13 10:13 PM) Reply
This is beautiful! I really love your fabric too! You've sold me on this pattern!

by: halleyscom...