Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6385 (Misses Summer Top)

Reviewed by:tigger

About tiggerstar
AE USA
Member since: 1/8/05
Posted on:3/27/05 3:21 PM

pittysmom said... (5/26/05 10:25 PM) Reply
Tigger, I just bought this pattern today, I can't wait to try it. BTW, I have the Loop Turner by Dritz. It was only $3.49 at Hancocks, and you cn order it online I think. It works great for spaghetti straps and real cheap too. Go to Hancockfabrics.com and look up "loop turner" But I like your straps too, I was thinking of doing some wider gathered straps maybe. Nice top, and a great review!
tigger said... (3/28/05 1:48 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your tips making spaghetti straps! Now why didn't I ask this question on the forums before? Doh! :)
BjP said... (3/27/05 7:30 PM) Reply
Very cute top - the lace was a great idea!
Leslie in Austin said... (3/27/05 6:37 PM) Reply
Cute top! I've tried several options for turning straps (including a bodkin--is that the word you're looking for Jen?) and I keep coming back to the kind of turner that looks like ice tongs. Another option for avoiding turning spaghetti straps is to do topstiched ones instead. They're done just like making bias binding, but instead of folding the binding over something, you just topstitch them closed. I *highly* recommend a bias tape maker for this job.
KathleenS said... (3/27/05 4:18 PM) Reply
The Fasturn set is great for turning spaghetti straps. It's quite expensive but once you've got it you are never put off sewing a pattern just because it has thin straps.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/27/05 4:01 PM) Reply
tigger, your top looks so wonderful!! Your fabric is really pretty. I like the thicker straps, too. There is a really great tool to use- but I forgot the name. doh!

by: STARG