Pattern Reviews> PatternReview> 100 (Summer Street Dress)

Reviewed by:LBowman

Last Updated:6/5/13 3:26 AM

Other Projects by LBowman using this Pattern

photophoto

LBowman said... (6/5/13 10:34 PM) Reply
Deepika - so, lengthen the bodice, put it all together, then try it on and see where I need to take it in at the sides? That could work. I'll give it another shot.
NC Carol said... (6/5/13 10:19 AM) Reply
Great fabric for this dress! I don't need a FBA but I am long-waisted and feel your pain on lengthening bodices. I love the empire waist style but always have to change it to lower the seam. Thanks for the educational review!
Deepika said... (6/5/13 9:57 AM) Reply
Ok, I can see it now. If you bring the seam down a little and take it in from the sides, that would work. I love the fabric you chose and I really think with a little bit of tweaking you can get so much use from this pattern.
LBowman said... (6/5/13 3:28 AM) Reply
I thought I'd set the permissions on flickr to "public", sorry! It's fixed now. You can see the problem - the bodice is too short on me, even with the FBA. But if I drop the seam a couple of inches, then it's too baggy, because I had to widen it 1.5" in the FBA. I still haven't figured out how to do an FBA on an empire waist, in short!
Deepika said... (6/4/13 3:24 PM) Reply
Thanks for your honest review. I would love to see a photo of your dress, but it says permission denied.