Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5106 (Bolero Jacket)

Reviewed by:SuzanM

About SuzanMstar
NE USA
Member since: 11/11/04
Posted on:3/27/05 8:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
TallBean said... (1/25/10 6:59 PM) Reply
the PINK is GREAT! Yay for a color gamble!
BeeJ said... (2/23/06 7:33 PM) Reply
I have this pattern but have never sewed it. Your review was helpful in the respect that I too do not like frumpy jackets. Looks good on you so perhaps I'll give it a try. Thanks for the review.
muffin1 said... (10/29/05 6:40 AM) Reply
I MADE THIS JACKET AND SLEEVES WERE VERY TIGHT SO I USED SLEEVES FROM CUTTING LINE DESIGN 60565 AND LOWERED ARMHOLE ABOUT 1 1/4" AND NOW IT FITS FINE
Lou05 said... (5/10/05 0:33 AM) Reply
Great job on the jacket - very cute with fantastic color. Wish there was more info about the pattern though.
AnneM said... (3/28/05 5:11 PM) Reply
I looked at the picture, & while reading your review was thinking "no, it isn't too short & boxy on her!". No wonder; I didn't realize this was the "just right" version. Great job, good for you to keep persevering.
Liana said... (3/28/05 8:56 AM) Reply
Very pretty, and your modifications really improved the look. Good job, and a very cute review!
jlg said... (3/28/05 8:11 AM) Reply
Very pretty. The color is gorgeous, and your modifications look great.
Danvillegirl said... (3/28/05 5:39 AM) Reply
The third time is the charm. Jacket looks good and is flattering on you.
CarolynGM said... (3/28/05 4:34 AM) Reply
Excellent review. As soon as I looked at your picture, I thought -- "I really like this length; I wonder what she did?" Your modified jacket is lovely, and I love the proportions.
tigger said... (3/28/05 1:51 AM) Reply
Fantastic review and great jacket!!
amadoofus said... (3/27/05 10:16 PM) Reply
Third time's a Charm!!!
Tonia Van Dyk said... (3/27/05 10:10 PM) Reply
Your jacket turned out great, that colour looks wonderful on you. Thanks for your story proving that every sewist can have a happily-ever-after story, even if it takes awhile to get there.
Lisa Laree said... (3/27/05 9:46 PM) Reply
Hmmmm.... I think I have that same fabric! It looks great in this jacket! Love the story,too...I hope one of the beds was Just Right... ;)
Karla Kizer said... (3/27/05 9:11 PM) Reply
I'm so glad you didn't reach for a poison apple after the first couple attempts. The length is great, and the touch of shaping you added makes it very flattering. Your jacket is the fairest in the land.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/27/05 8:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great story and review. Your jacket is so much more than just right! It is the perfect ending to the perfect tale. The color is fantastic on you!!
Linda E. said... (3/27/05 8:36 PM) Reply
great review. I love your jacket your perseverence paid off. the color is good for you.
drsue said... (3/27/05 8:30 PM) Reply
Yummy! Your perseverence paid off!
Tiner W said... (3/27/05 8:29 PM) Reply
That's very pretty. And the extra shaping you did truly makes it just right.

StyleArc Ollie Tunic