Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> pressing cloth ( pressing cloth)

Review submitted in Fabric Stash Contest 2013 Contest
Reviewed by:renren

About renrenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/20/05
Posted on:6/4/13 2:11 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

FARQUHAR said... (12/30/14 0:30 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review. I've been wondering what the best fabric was to use for pressing cloths & now I know! And thank you to Sew Whatever about the parchment paper tip. I usually use wax paper, but it sounds like this works better! :)
LiZ said... (6/14/13 4:18 PM) Reply
I have some silk organza here that I need to make into pressing cloths
gleta said... (6/10/13 1:10 AM) Reply
I made silk organza press cloths...3 sizes, differing dimensions... some years ago & they're still going strong. The fabric was quite expensive but definitely worth it. I too use baking paper for adhesives, writing on the corners which side the adhesive goes against.
Terri A said... (6/9/13 1:45 AM) Reply
Margaret said... (6/5/13 1:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I'm pretty sure I have some organza lying around that would be more useful as pressing cloths.
pdiddly said... (6/5/13 3:04 AM) Reply
I went on a sewing weekend where I was introduced to silk organza as a pressing cloth and never looked back - can see through it and it withstands heat of the iron really well. Great tip from Sew Whatever on the parchment paper tip too
renren said... (6/4/13 8:39 AM) Reply
Thanks! I always have parchment paper on hand for making pizza so this is a great tip.
Sew Whatever said... (6/4/13 7:04 AM) Reply
Thanks Renren. I use baking parchment when pressing things with adhesive. If it melts out from the edge of something, your iron is protected. then when it cools, the adhesive comes away from the parchment with no problem.
Pattern Work