Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5473 (Misses'/Women's Jacket, Vest and Pants)

Reviewed by:chesneykat

About chesneykat
Member since: 3/30/12
Posted on:6/6/13 4:31 PM
Last Updated:6/6/13 9:35 PM
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Pants

Vesta Patterns

jenalden said... (9/11/13 4:10 PM) Reply
If I ever made anything so gorgeous I'd never take it off. Ever. It is LOVELY. I think even Alabama would be jealous.
darlow said... (6/8/13 4:07 AM) Reply
I am so impressed by the work shown in your photos. I was thinking how attractive this is on you and then I read about your struggles with the pattern. I have thought about buying this pattern, but it would fall to the bottom of a list of projects. I think it's too lovely to toss and perhaps it would help if you contacted Connie Crawford via her website e-mail and request her fitting assistance - perhaps she would comply. I just hope you find a way to keep the pattern for yourself. Very pretty!
LynnG said... (6/7/13 9:50 AM) Reply
I love your version of this vest! I have been watching the Alabama Chanin class on Craftsy and am planning to try her method. I give you lots of credit for taking on such a big project. It is just beautiful.
gobiidae said... (6/7/13 9:07 AM) Reply
MNBarb said... (6/7/13 8:49 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful garment! The fit issue sounds like a problem with the pattern design. It does not take away from the uniqueness of the garment. I put patterns like that in a fire. It's so satisfying to see them go up in flames.
Marge99 said... (6/6/13 7:06 PM) Reply
I love the birds!
BillieJean said... (6/6/13 5:20 PM) Reply
This is beautiful work! Just pretend it is exactly the way you intended it to be and enjoy wearing it as much as you obviously enjoyed making it.