Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5473 (Misses'/Women's Jacket, Vest and Pants)

Reviewed by:chesneykat

About chesneykat
MI USA
Member since: 3/30/12
Posted on:6/6/13 4:31 PM
Last Updated:6/6/13 9:35 PM

See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Pants
jenalden said... (9/11/13 4:10 PM) Reply
If I ever made anything so gorgeous I'd never take it off. Ever. It is LOVELY. I think even Alabama would be jealous.
darlow said... (6/8/13 4:07 AM) Reply
I am so impressed by the work shown in your photos. I was thinking how attractive this is on you and then I read about your struggles with the pattern. I have thought about buying this pattern, but it would fall to the bottom of a list of projects. I think it's too lovely to toss and perhaps it would help if you contacted Connie Crawford via her website e-mail and request her fitting assistance - perhaps she would comply. I just hope you find a way to keep the pattern for yourself. Very pretty!
LynnG said... (6/7/13 9:50 AM) Reply
I love your version of this vest! I have been watching the Alabama Chanin class on Craftsy and am planning to try her method. I give you lots of credit for taking on such a big project. It is just beautiful.
gobiidae said... (6/7/13 9:07 AM) Reply
Awesome!
MNBarb said... (6/7/13 8:49 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful garment! The fit issue sounds like a problem with the pattern design. It does not take away from the uniqueness of the garment. I put patterns like that in a fire. It's so satisfying to see them go up in flames.
Marge99 said... (6/6/13 7:06 PM) Reply
I love the birds!
BillieJean said... (6/6/13 5:20 PM) Reply
This is beautiful work! Just pretend it is exactly the way you intended it to be and enjoy wearing it as much as you obviously enjoyed making it.

Violette Field Threads Stella