Pattern Reviews> Serendipity Studio> 130 (The Marilyn Dress)

Reviewed by:KristinAnn

About KristinAnn
VA United States
Member since: 3/31/13
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:6/6/13 10:39 PM

ClaireSky said... (4/27/14 1:24 PM) Reply
I really like the dress! It looks very nice on you and I have to agree, the fabric is beautiful!
sewrose said... (8/3/13 12:01 PM) Reply
It's beautiful. Maybe you just didn't like the print, after all. That happens. Make it again, in a different fabric. You did a good job fitting!
spankachutoo said... (6/22/13 11:20 AM) Reply
This dress really does look great on you. I agree with Baba Yaga on accessorizing this dress. You be surprised at much of a difference a cute cardigan can make.
KristinAnn said... (6/7/13 5:50 PM) Reply
Baba Yaga, thank you for that blog idea. I have not read that one, I'll be sure to check it out. And I have already thought that it would look good with a denim jacket for cooler weather.
elcsews said... (6/7/13 4:44 PM) Reply
Love the dress! When I saw your picture, the first thing I thought was how nice it looked on you.
sewme47 said... (6/7/13 3:26 PM) Reply
I think the dress looks great on you!
Baba Yaga said... (6/7/13 1:49 PM) Reply
You know what? I think you look great in that dress. One item isn't a wardrobe; you might let yourself think about different ways of accessorizing the dress. Maybe a cropped cardi or a shawl, or just an open shirt? Do you know the Communing With Fabric blog? It's a great source for thoughtful writing about sewing for the FBA figure. I think you'd enjoy her attitude and skill.
KristinAnn said... (6/7/13 1:02 PM) Reply
Thank you...the more I look at it, the more I like it. I think I need to get over my body image issues first :)
21wale said... (6/7/13 9:30 AM) Reply
Too bad it didn't work for you. It looks really pretty.

Petite Plus D202 DVD