I'm a very novice sewer so I read everyones reviews before embarking on this project. I also read through the instructions several times making sure I understood the requirements.
I took the advice of prior reviewers about the raw edges on the inside. Before attaching the sides, I overcast the top zipper edge. And, I used my serger to attached the sides so there were no raw edges from those.
Also, I had just enough fabric to add a pocket on the second side. I am just using a magnet closure for a purse on that one. I didn't have another zipper handy.
It is bigger than I would have liked. The pattern didn't really specify the dimensions well. Given the size, the middle needs support. We are travelling soon and I thought the packing cubes might help with this issue.