Vintage dress with ruched bust detail and gathered skirt.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, it looks exactly the same.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
I did not follow the instructions at all because I was making it in a knit.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I really like the gathered bust detail on this design. To limit the gathers sliding around a lining piece was drafted.
I did not make shoulder pads as it seemed kind of silly for this dress.
Stashed Rayon/Lycra knit from Emmaonesock.com
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I did not read other PR reviews on this dress before buying the pattern so I started with my normal size 16. That turned out to be a good decision because I needed the depth of the size 16 bodice to fit my bust.
Here is the rundown of all my changes....
1. Cut down all the seam allowances to 1/4" since I was using a knit.
2. The neckline was too wide so 1" was filled in just at the shoulder edge and then graded out to nothing.
3. On the back I folded the darts closed and taped them shut.
4. Took in the side seams 3/4" and raised the bottom of the kimono sleeve 1".
5. Reduced the length of the neckband 4.5".
6. Shortened the bodice length about 2" in the back and about 1 3/4" in the front because my waist is titled.
7. Reduced length of skirt about 4".
8. Drafted a lining for the gathered part of the bodice.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I really love this dress but probably don't need two of such a distinctive style. I'd highly recommend it.
For a few more details you can check out my blog review on this pattern.
Buy this pattern for $22.00 List Price: $27.50Add to Bag