Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> S2475

Member since: 1/7/06
Posted on:6/16/13 9:38 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Cody7 said... (6/18/13 0:33 AM) Reply
Ladies the center panel of this skirt was not graded for the different sizes. I am sure it was just a one size fits all pattern piece. I will keep an eye out for this in future patterns to avoid having this problem again.
persevering said... (6/17/13 1:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for your kindness in doing this sewing review. Yes I agree with the other comments that your sewing looks great! I've had my mind on this type of skirt/pattern for a long time and especially appreciate your feedback. It is great how posting about sewing can contribute to our future sewing success!
JudieL said... (6/17/13 11:40 AM) Reply
What a shame. You've done such a great job sewing it.
mrsmcginty said... (6/17/13 9:35 AM) Reply
Let me guess... The way the pattern is designed the center panel is either not graded, just the same for all sizes, or the grading is done on a smaller magnitude than the side panels. I had a similar experience with a vogue pattern. The design elements seem to shrink as the sizes get larger because they are not graded proportionally. I was so angry when I figured out why my dress was off, and obviously I've held on to some of that. It's a shame because your top stitching is AWESOME. beautiful work.
MrsCharisma said... (6/17/13 9:02 AM) Reply
The work is impeccable! I'm sorry you don't love it :( And if you're looking for a hip-less giftee... ;-) I'm sure the next project will be a winner for you!
Lori V said... (6/17/13 7:12 AM) Reply
I am so sorry you are not happy with your skirt, the stitching and fabric is beautiful.
21wale said... (6/17/13 0:32 AM) Reply
Sorry it didn't work out for you. The details and stitching are very nice.
Vonnevo said... (6/17/13 0:17 AM) Reply
Julie, your skirt looks great :) Thanks for your VH review ! I have this pattern and yet to sew it. Your review has forewarned me about the fit for my body shape. Perhaps I will use some unloved fabric for my first skirt.
sew2little said... (6/16/13 11:43 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you're disappointed as the skirt is beautifully sewn.
kimmielovesparis said... (6/16/13 10:38 PM) Reply
Lovely!

by: SewWil

Fit For Art Shirt Variations for the Tabula Rasa Jacket

Fit For Art Shirt Variations for the Tabula Rasa Jacket

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

by: dinagideon